Going back to work

Hi-

I am going for surgery on 3/12 in Tijuana. I plan on returning to work as a nurse shortly after. Am I being unreasonable? How much time did everyone take off for work? Do you have to limit activity, lifting etc? I am not one to stay still........

Melissa

I had the surgery on a Tuesday and went back to work the following Monday. Mobility isn't an issue but you should go easy on the heavy lifting as you will have stitches in your abdominal muscles. Also you should work hard on keeping your protein intake up during the clear liquid stage which will help keep your energy levels up.

Good luck!

I had the surgery on a Tuesday and went back to work the following Monday. Mobility isn't an issue but you should go easy on the heavy lifting as you will have stitches in your abdominal muscles. Also you should work hard on keeping your protein intake up during the clear liquid stage which will help keep your energy levels up.

Good luck!

Thank you!! I go to OCC today and now I am getting scared. I looked at the pics listed on this website of the OCC from a former pt. I shouldn't have. I am a nurse, but the big needle sticking out of her stomach made me a bit queasy......

Melissa

Thank you!! I go to OCC today and now I am getting scared. I looked at the pics listed on this website of the OCC from a former pt. I shouldn't have. I am a nurse, but the big needle sticking out of her stomach made me a bit queasy......

Melissa

Hi Mel,

I am also an RN, and schedule a month after you. I am going back to work 5 days after surgery. I had a lap chole 3 years ago and went back the 2nd day. Wasn't a problem. I do 16 hr shifts and my only concern is making sure I am not getting dehydrated. I hope your surgery is a success and let me know what you thought of the whole thing from a nursing stand-point when you get back!

Good Luck!

Sandy

Melissa

RELAX MELISSA!!! I HATE AND I MEAN HATE NEEDLES. WHEN I SAW THAT THING I WASN'T ANY TO HAPPY ABOUT IT. I THOUGHT "WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO LOL". BUT, AFTER HAVING MY FIRST FILL, FEELING RESTRICTION, LOSING WEIGHT, IT'S ALLLLLLL WORTH IT AND THEN SOME :)

YOU'LL DO GREAT!!! THE SURGERY IS A BREEZE!!!

PS IT REALLY DOESN'T HURT, THAT HUGE NEEDLE, IT JUST LOOKS HORRID :) WE WERE JOKING, LAUGHING, HAVING A GOOD TIME BACK IN MX THAT AFTERNOON :)

RELAX MELISSA!!! I HATE AND I MEAN HATE NEEDLES. WHEN I SAW THAT THING I WASN'T ANY TO HAPPY ABOUT IT. I THOUGHT "WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO LOL". BUT, AFTER HAVING MY FIRST FILL, FEELING RESTRICTION, LOSING WEIGHT, IT'S ALLLLLLL WORTH IT AND THEN SOME :)

YOU'LL DO GREAT!!! THE SURGERY IS A BREEZE!!!

PS IT REALLY DOESN'T HURT, THAT HUGE NEEDLE, IT JUST LOOKS HORRID :) WE WERE JOKING, LAUGHING, HAVING A GOOD TIME BACK IN MX THAT AFTERNOON :)

I all!!! Good, I will let you know how it goes! I am HERE!! Surgery tomorrow!!

Melissa