Texas Anyone out there newly banded?

I was banded March 1st by Dr. Bienavides in Dallas.

Surgery went fine but when I got home I could not stop vommitting and had to go back to the emergency room.

I stayed over night seemed fine as long as the IV was in me with nausea and pain medicine. Went home only for the vommitting to begin again. I went back to the hospital and stayed two more days. Once the vommitting was stopped I was fine.

I have now gone 9 days without any vommitting and am doing just fine. Just difficlt to eat to much mushy foods which is normal.

They took exrays ran test and all seemed fine. I may have just had rotten luck and gotten the flu and not know it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. If so what caused the vommitting?

Tks

• 2 weeks later...
I was banded March 1st by Dr. Bienavides in Dallas.

Surgery went fine but when I got home I could not stop vommitting and had to go back to the emergency room.

I stayed over night seemed fine as long as the IV was in me with nausea and pain medicine. Went home only for the vommitting to begin again. I went back to the hospital and stayed two more days. Once the vommitting was stopped I was fine.

I have now gone 9 days without any vommitting and am doing just fine. Just difficlt to eat to much mushy foods which is normal.

They took exrays ran test and all seemed fine. I may have just had rotten luck and gotten the flu and not know it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. If so what caused the vommitting?

Tks

I am from Houston, banded 2 days ago. So far thankfully no vomitting. I am glad you're feeling better.

Marsene

I was banded one year ago by Dr. Ortiz in TJ. Like you, I had some pretty rotten luck and got the flu the first week after my surgery. It seriously sucked, but fortunately, there was no damage to the band. Since then, I've only gotten sick once (with a migraine). I stayed on liquids for a couple of days after and all went back to normal. Vomiting with the band...definitely not fun!