Fill port

Howdy.

I am planning to get Lap Band in Mexico and have done all of the research but havent found one thing, what does the fill port look like when its in the skin? I cant find any pictures so if anyone can find one for me, that would be great. Awesome forums.

Are you worried about it showing through the skin? I can only speak fopr myself when I say you would not even know I had a port under my skin unless you felt for it. Dr. Ortiz is great about how and where he places the port

I think the size of the port depends on the size of the band. My port is somewhere between the size of a dime and a quarter and you cannot see it at all. Of course, I'm a long way away from reaching goal and I don't know if you'll be able to see it at that time.

The port is usually to the left & up a little from the belly button. It is only noticeable if you feel for it. It has the biggest incision, no more than 1.5 inches, the other ones are all tiny. As you get closer to goal you feel it more, but it's not bothersome.

Look at www.lapbandtalk.com and you can do a search for "scar stages" and see pictures of peoples bellies.

I am not sure what you mean by seeing the port. You can't "see" it as it is not something that sticks out of the skin. You can "feel" your port and in the beginning there is a hump around it as it is healing and settling. But that is all.

The port is what caused me the most discomfort. The band was a breeze. The port was a bit more sore.

As for scars, it is VERY minimal. I am VERY happy with Dr. Ortiz's suturing! He is magnificent in closing the openings. I was VERY impressed, and I am VERY picky.