Smoothie/Protein Drink recipes

oktwigs

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to head down to TJ the first week of April to be banded by Dr. Ortiz and since I have a hard time stomaching most of the protein drinks, I thought it would be nice if those of you who have Smoothie/Protein drink favorites could post your recipes, hints, and tips for those of us about to head down this path.

This morning I tried blending some strawberries and blueberries into my chocolate protein drink and it made it more tolerable. If I have to drink these things for awhile I want to make them more than just tolerable...I want to enjoy them so I'm not tempted to cheat. :)

Janice

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to head down to TJ the first week of April to be banded by Dr. Ortiz and since I have a hard time stomaching most of the protein drinks, I thought it would be nice if those of you who have Smoothie/Protein drink favorites could post your recipes, hints, and tips for those of us about to head down this path.

This morning I tried blending some strawberries and blueberries into my chocolate protein drink and it made it more tolerable. If I have to drink these things for awhile I want to make them more than just tolerable...I want to enjoy them so I'm not tempted to cheat. :)

Janice

My favorite recipe is Isopure Dutch chocolate (50g of protien), 1 cup of skim milk, tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter (5g protien) blended with ice. I drink that once a day and I have yet to get sick of it.

I got my protein drink mix at Costco and its not bad at all. I always like the vanilla because I can mix in bananas or strawberries with a little ice. I've heard people mix in coffee and other stuff, but I haven't tried it.

Stacy

My husband had the surgery 3/2 and Dr. Miranda gave me a recipe to try for him cause he LOATHED the protein shakes during the diet prior to surgery. It is as follows:

8ozs Vanilla Silk (soy milk)

1 Tbs Cocoa Powder

1 Scoop Chocolate Protein powder (we used the GNC Whey Chocolate-Caramel powder)

1 banana

I also threw in like 4-5 ice cubes so that it had more of a smoothie consistancy. Then I turned on the blender til it was all mixed and poured. DH said it was just like a chocolate milkshake and he had one at least once a day up until today!

Hope that helps and good luck with surgery!!

Janice

This is my favorite:

1/2 cup milk, water, or soy milk

1 scoop protein powder (I like vanilla the best)

1 little container of Jello Brand Sugar free pudding - any flavor (the pre-made pudding cups - NOT the powder)

Just blend together...

That is the base, to that you can blend in your favorite fruit like bananas and ice if you want. You can play around with the flavor combinations to find what you like.

Since my fill last week, I have not been able to eat solids until later in the morning, so this is what I have for breakfast each morning!

• 2 weeks later...
My husband had the surgery 3/2 and Dr. Miranda gave me a recipe to try for him cause he LOATHED the protein shakes during the diet prior to surgery. It is as follows:

8ozs Vanilla Silk (soy milk)

1 Tbs Cocoa Powder

1 Scoop Chocolate Protein powder (we used the GNC Whey Chocolate-Caramel powder)

1 banana

I also threw in like 4-5 ice cubes so that it had more of a smoothie consistancy. Then I turned on the blender til it was all mixed and poured. DH said it was just like a chocolate milkshake and he had one at least once a day up until today!

Hope that helps and good luck with surgery!!

I just wanted to say that I LOVE this protein smoothie recipe. I had it today for the first time and I am sold! I think I'll try it with frozen mango chunks in a few days and then with some frozen strawberries. Yummy! I'll keep this one handy after I am off the liquid diet too, but I think I'll sub. light soy milk instead of full calorie Very Vanilla later on. Right now I'm trying not to freak about weight loss...just healing.

Twigs