More Silly Questions...

When you did the pre-op surgery and lost 10-20 pounds, did you gain any of that back when you started solid food after the band?

Also, how much restriction did you have after the band was placed? Did you have any restriction at all before your first fill?

If so, how much weight did you lose between suregery and first fill? I told you I had crazy questions. My cousin had her surgery here in the US, and she actually GAINED about 10 pounds after getting banded. I just do NOT want to gain before the loosing starts! LOL

Is it true that a 1/2 cup of juice etc will make you feel stuffed?

Thanks for reading my ramblings. hope it made sense! :-?

Donna

Most people do not feel restriction before their first fill and will actually gain weight in the time between going back on solids and having their first fill. This is NORMAL. The goal of this interim period is to heal, not to loose weight so do not stress out or beat yourself up over gaining some weight back. Seriously, I cannot stress this enough. This is a process which ideally will take many months so stressing over short term stuff is counterproductive.

Once you have healed up, 1/2 cup of juice will not make you feel stuffed, though for the first week after surgery it will feel like plenty. Liquid goes through the band in about 5 seconds unless it is too tight. Smoothie which actually has some substance to it will make you feel more satiated but the idea is to eat solids. For me right now a small meal is enough. Today lunch was a small ceasar salad. Dinner will probably be a hot dog with no bun and some veggies.