CO2 gas pain post-op

Hi, Everyone! I've been lurking for a short while. I just got "banded" yesterday. The worst discomfort for me is from the CO2 that was used to expand my abdomen during surgery. My upper back (around my shoulder blades), my collar bones, and my upper chest are really uncomfortable. Did anyone else have this discomfort? If so, how long did it last?

I can safely say that today, clear liquids are barely appealing, and NOTHING solid even begins to look good!

I appreciate the information I've gotten from this forum. Thanks!

Kelly in the KC area

I am a week and two days out of surgery, and my gas pain only went away in the last couple of days. It was much milder than the first couple of days (didn't know if I would be able to get on the plane because of the discomfort), but it hung around...just remember that it will go away! Hang in there!

• 3 years later...

oh thank god . . . I am 3 days out of surgery and was wondering if something was wrong with me. It's a tight bubble in the middle of my chest that WILL NOT go away, no matter how much Gas-X I take. Guess I'll just keep waiting, and walking . ..