first fill question

I have a question for you band pros out there. I was lucky enough to be a member of the March 8th patient group. My question is this: Did you go ahead and automatically schedule your first fill for 6-8 weeks, or did you wait to see if you "needed" the fill and then schedule? I am a week away from solids, and think maybe I should see what kind, if any, restriction I have before I schedule. Any input appreciated.

I have a question for you band pros out there. I was lucky enough to be a member of the March 8th patient group. My question is this: Did you go ahead and automatically schedule your first fill for 6-8 weeks, or did you wait to see if you "needed" the fill and then schedule? I am a week away from solids, and think maybe I should see what kind, if any, restriction I have before I schedule. Any input appreciated.

Hopeful,

Schedule your fill. If Dr. Ortiz is still doing the surgery as he did when I was banded (correct me if there has been an update to this) you do not have saline in your band if you do it is a minimal amount. No saline = no restriction. Six week increments has worked well for me. Consult OCC for your own timeframe if it differs. Kevin

Hopeful,

Schedule your fill. If Dr. Ortiz is still doing the surgery as he did when I was banded (correct me if there has been an update to this) you do not have saline in your band if you do it is a minimal amount. No saline = no restriction. Six week increments has worked well for me. Consult OCC for your own timeframe if it differs. Kevin

You are right, there is nothing in the band. I guess what threw me off was the fact that there was a lady in the waiting room that had lost all her weight without a fill! She had started to gain a little and was there to get her first fill. I guess I had in the back of my mind that maybe I wouldn't necessarily need one at 6 weeks. I doubt very seriously that I can lose any weight without a fill. Thank you for your help!

Well, to counter the lady that lost all of her weight without a fill - I lost nothing before my first fill. Not an ounce. So, there are two extremes to every story, I guess. I would make the appointment. you can always cancel, but i would doubt the first time you would need to. Good luck!