Feb. and March bandsters and crossing MX border?

Hello once again,

I was just wondering about people that were banded at OCC with Dr. Ortiz in February and March and crossing the border in TJ, MX. How did it go and what should I expect if I can make my appt. for banding for mid April? I don't have a passport, so are you able to just bring photo ID, or more?

Thanks,

Judy

Passport not necessary! Drivers liscense is sufficient. My surgery is Apr 3rd. When is yours?

Donna

HELLO MY NAMES HOLLY AND I'M GETTING BANDED ON APRIL 20TH. I WAS ALSO WONDERING ABOUT THE WHOLE CROSSING THE BORDER. HOW DOES IT WORK? DOES RENE PICK YOU UP ON THE MEXICO SIDE AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO WALK ACROSS. PLEASE HELP.....

You're picked up at the Airport (assuming you're flying in - not sure how it works if you're not). Getting INTO Mexico is a breeze - you just drive through :) Coming back, the drivers know most of the guards and from what Francisco told me, they know it's a "medical transport" and won't make you get out and walk across. I didn't have to get out and he said the other 2 drives he'd made that day didn't have to get out either.

From what I can tell, it's approx a block of walking? He drops you out RIGHT in front - hopefully someone who's had to walk knows :)

Thank you Donna! Good to know. ; ) I am hoping to schedule for the 16th or 17th.

Judy

=D> I am scheduled for the 17th of April maybe we will see each other there! I have my friend coming with me for her first fill. I am nervous and excited.