Surgery 1 year ago, March 22nd

My life changed one year ago, tomorrow. Like many here, I made the decision to take control over my struggle with obesity. I made the decision to get banded. The first year has definitely been a learning experience. I've lost only 50 lbs in the first year, but hey...its 50 lbs that I'm not carrying around anymore! I have another 40 to go and know that it will come...the first 50 weren't that hard to lose, but I know I'm going to have to work for the last 40...

Even having only lost 1/2 of the weight I need to lose...it has made a tremendous difference in my life. I sold everything I owned last fall and moved to a foreign country...just for the adventure of it. That's something I never would have done before. I always had the sense of adventure, but not the confidence to back it up.

I still struggle on a daily basis with choices...what I choose to eat, what I choose to do with activity level...and honestly, its hard down here sometimes without an immediate support system. But, I guess what I wanted to get across with this post, to those of you who are new to the band, or thinking about getting it...or even those of you, like me, who have had it for a while, but who struggle...it absolutely is worth it. It does change your life...the question is...are you ready for the change it will bring?

Thanks for all the support given here...Good Luck to you all. Below is a link to show you all what a difference a year can make...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/DarkP.../OneYearPic.jpg

Kris

Banded 3/22/06

222 (starting weight) /172 (current) /142 (goal)

My life changed one year ago, tomorrow. Thanks for all the support given here...Good Luck to you all. Below is a link to show you all what a difference a year can make...

Kris

Banded 3/22/06

Kris,

Inspiring success story! Awesome progress! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your positive point of view!

• 2 weeks later...
My life changed one year ago, tomorrow. Like many here, I made the decision to take control over my struggle with obesity. I made the decision to get banded. The first year has definitely been a learning experience. I've lost only 50 lbs in the first year, but hey...its 50 lbs that I'm not carrying around anymore! I have another 40 to go and know that it will come...the first 50 weren't that hard to lose, but I know I'm going to have to work for the last 40...

Kris,

Thanks for posting that message. I am going to be banded in May, and seeing your post (and picture) gives me a great boost! Congratulations and continued good luck! You look fabulous!

Cheers,

Laura

Even having only lost 1/2 of the weight I need to lose...it has made a tremendous difference in my life. I sold everything I owned last fall and moved to a foreign country...just for the adventure of it. That's something I never would have done before. I always had the sense of adventure, but not the confidence to back it up.

I still struggle on a daily basis with choices...what I choose to eat, what I choose to do with activity level...and honestly, its hard down here sometimes without an immediate support system. But, I guess what I wanted to get across with this post, to those of you who are new to the band, or thinking about getting it...or even those of you, like me, who have had it for a while, but who struggle...it absolutely is worth it. It does change your life...the question is...are you ready for the change it will bring?

Thanks for all the support given here...Good Luck to you all. Below is a link to show you all what a difference a year can make...

Kris

Banded 3/22/06

YOU LOOK GREAT KRIS!!!

WOW!!! You can definately see the difference... You look great! I wish we had set up some way to meet while I was there last weekend... I found it difficult being in Cancun, with too many liquid calories, and I can only imagine not having the support system! Keep up the wonderful job you've been doing! Get that other 40lbs. gone, and you could join in the Miss Universe contest in Cancun on Memorial weekend! LOL

Wow! You look fabulous! I wish I could take the risk and move to Cancun. I love it there!!! I don't think my husband or children would be down to move to Mexico. Oh well, enjoy the beautiful beach for me!!