Being Banded on April 19th

Hello! I am from Texas and am really nervous about having Dr. Ortiz do my surgery. I am traveling by myself and am really scared. I am 5'8 and 199 lbs and am afraid that once I get there they won't do the surgery but they said they will. I have to do presentations and hope if I have surgery on Thursday I can return to work on Monday and complete my presentations.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello! I am from Texas and am really nervous about having Dr. Ortiz do my surgery. I am traveling by myself and am really scared. I am 5'8 and 199 lbs and am afraid that once I get there they won't do the surgery but they said they will. I have to do presentations and hope if I have surgery on Thursday I can return to work on Monday and complete my presentations.

HI

I had surgery on March 22, ( Thurs) I went back to work on Monday. I do have a desk job, I worked the whole day and felt pretty good. Took a short walk at lunch, didn't want to get any gas pains. Just get some rest over the weekend.

Good luck with your surgery! Dr Ortiz and his staff are great.

marshaj

You're in good hands with Dr. Ortiz! I had my surgery on a Friday and was back at work the following Monday. I would be willing to bet that you will feel fine for presentations on Monday. Make sure and walk a lot after surgery to get rid of gas. I didn't have any gas pains that you hear about but I think that had something to do with me walking a lot on the day after surgery. I went shopping with my sister in Mexico while we were there. We had a blast! Good luck!

You're in good hands with Dr. Ortiz! I had my surgery on a Friday and was back at work the following Monday. I would be willing to bet that you will feel fine for presentations on Monday. Make sure and walk a lot after surgery to get rid of gas. I didn't have any gas pains that you hear about but I think that had something to do with me walking a lot on the day after surgery. I went shopping with my sister in Mexico while we were there. We had a blast! Good luck!

My surgery is April 16th. It is scary to fly across the country and have surgery by a surgeon you are going to just meet :) I have heard such wonderful things in this forum I am feeling much better about the whole thing. I think this forum will be invaluable after surgery it is wonderful to have someone to talk to someone that has been there.

My surgery is April 16th. It is scary to fly across the country and have surgery by a surgeon you are going to just meet :) I have heard such wonderful things in this forum I am feeling much better about the whole thing. I think this forum will be invaluable after surgery it is wonderful to have someone to talk to someone that has been there.

Hi Vickie, Soon enough, you will be that helpful person for someone contemplating the whole idea. When I first read the forums, I thought, NO WAY I was going to TJ MX, In fact, they were offering another amount of 13k at another location in MX, and I had orginally made up my mind to go there and pay the extra 5k, crazy, I know. (Because of the damage from a storm to the facility, they were not accepting patients) good thing for me as I saved some $$, LOL, but as I read, you feel a lot more comfortable about the deciding because of the experiences of the people on the forums with the facility and Dr. O. Your surgery is comin up! Good Luck to you.

Teri

Hi Vickie, Soon enough, you will be that helpful person for someone contemplating the whole idea. When I first read the forums, I thought, NO WAY I was going to TJ MX, In fact, they were offering another amount of 13k at another location in MX, and I had orginally made up my mind to go there and pay the extra 5k, crazy, I know. (Because of the damage from a storm to the facility, they were not accepting patients) good thing for me as I saved some $$, LOL, but as I read, you feel a lot more comfortable about the deciding because of the experiences of the people on the forums with the facility and Dr. O. Your surgery is comin up! Good Luck to you.

Teri

So did you fly back to TJ each time you needed a fill? Don't those costs add up a lot? How do you know when you need a fill?

So did you fly back to TJ each time you needed a fill? Don't those costs add up a lot? How do you know when you need a fill?

I did the first 3 times, and yes, they do add up. That is why after 4 months of not being restricted I got aggressive about it. Meaning, I wanted to experience being full on very little food which was not happening and also I was basically still at my surgery weight. So, I switched to thicker saline after having 3.4cc for about a month and still not losing weight. You know when you need a fill when you are still eating the same as before the surgery and not losing weight. It gets frustrating to try and find the right amount of fill. You will know.

Teri :) Good Luck