A PERSONAL OPINION ABOUT FILL GUIDELINES

This is actually words from another bandster that post quite frequently on another board she has been at goal for 3 years and is full of knowledge I love to read her post on Obesityhelp.com

><' Increase Your Chances of a Good Fill

The following suggestions are good rules of thumb and will greatly increase your chances of getting a good fill.

1. Be sure you are very well hydrated when you come in for your fill appointment. That means at least 8-10 full glasses of liquid every day for at least several days before the fill.

(You really need this amount at all times anyway).

Drink especially well the morning of the fill. If you're flying in, it can be much harder to stay hydrated, so take a drink bottle and drink very often! Those little "to-go" packs of Crystal Lite are ideal - ask the flight attendants for a refill of your water bottle, pop one in, and then you will have plenty to drink. Those little 4-oz cups of liquid they give you during flight are useless.

(Hint - If you fly for a fill, While you're on the plane, also take home a couple of those white barf bags

What good suggestions you have made for a FILL.

I may have avoided a very unpleasant fill if I had paid more attention to what my body was telling me. I had my 2nd fill and all was well. I had another appointment in Tijuana the same day, and remained ok. It wasn't until I was on the trolley heading back to San Diego that I started having swallowing problems, but they were very subtle. The swallowing problem eventually developed into not being able to swallow at all, and I was having severe pain. I was extremely miserable. I could not get ahold of the doctor either. I wasn't better that night until I vomited up everything that was in my stomach. I made it back to the clinic the next day for an unfill, and things were better. I then came back home to Seattle. But I began having those subtle swallowing feelings again. This developed to the inability to swallow much, and was vomiting frequently. I had 2 more unfills up here locally. Things are better now, but I was so discouraged. Everything had been perfect prior to this. I guess I would also recommend to folks to hang around Tijuana for an extra day and watch for SUBTLE swallowing problems. I wouldn't want anyone to have to experience what I went through. Thanks for listening. bbuck