Seriously considering becoming a Bandit

I live in Tampa, Florida and just reading all of your person comments are very exciting.

My main question regarding this is your recommendation for a local Tampa Bay Dr.

Thanks,

Bill

HI BILL,

THIS SITE IS HOSTED BY DR ORTIZ SO MOST HERE HAVE BEEN BANDED BY HIM

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

I live in Tampa, Florida and just reading all of your person comments are very exciting.

My main question regarding this is your recommendation for a local Tampa Bay Dr.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Phoinix! I'm from the Orlando area and was banded by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. However you can try finding local doctors through the American Society of Bariatric Surgery's website: http://www.asbs.org/html/about/patients.html Good luck to you!

Many thanks to you all. The good part is that my insurance will cover 90% of this if I use their Dr.'s. United is a large insurance company, so I am sure I can find a local Dr. for this procedure.

Regards

Bill

Many thanks to you all. The good part is that my insurance will cover 90% of this if I use their Dr.'s. United is a large insurance company, so I am sure I can find a local Dr. for this procedure.

Regards

Bill

You'll find that United Health will have tons of hoops you'll have to jump through to get approved. The biggest hurdle was you had to have a high BMI, like 40 or more and a requirement that you have to go on a doctors supervised diet for 6 months. Plus other health problems related to being over weight. Like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. Which in my case I was on the borderline of the BMI and I had no other related issues. So a 6 month doctors diet would lower my BMI and make me ineligible. Check with your local lapband Doctors and see what will get you pre-approved. They will know. Your insurance requirements might be different with your plan than with my United Health plan. If all else fails, Dr. Ortiz is one of the worlds highest rated lapband surgeons and he has the procedure fairly priced for those have to pay out of pocket. Give one of Dr. Ortiz's coordinators a call, they have a lot of knowledge about this subject.