Just banded!

Hello everyone! I was just banded on August 4th and I am so happy. Everyone in Mexico - from Eduardo and the staff at the GORGEOUS Lucerna, to Dr. Ortiz, Dr.Martinez and their entire staff were just wonderful. When you think of Tijuana you think ICK...but everything I experienced made me change my opinion. Even my mom (who had a poor opinion of this procedure and my choice of location) changed her tune when we arrived for my pre-operative testing. She and I were both thrilled with the level of service and attention I got. I would recommend OBC to anyone who is considering this!

Today I was able to start on protien shakes, which is a nice change from plain broth. I did replace on of my meals with some tomato soup though. Will this be ok? And I skipped the yogurt because I despise it.

Another question I have is how much weight can I expect to loose during these next couple weeks? In 10 days I have lost 14 lbs. I know everyone is different, but if you could share your experiences that would really help.

I have to admit that this is the strangest feeling....I am not hungry one bit. I havent even wanted to finish a 1/2 cup of broth at each meal. Is this normal? Thanks!

First let me congratulate you on your new band I wish you lotso f success :)

Second let me say that any weight loss during this 6 week healing phase is a bonus. Remember you have no fill and the band was designed to be filled to work at it's best ability. This first 6 weeks should be about healing not weight loss, if you lose wieght you are ahead of the game. Some do and some don't I lost 20 lbs in the first 9 weeks when I went in for my first fill

Do not get doscouraged if you gain a pound or two when you transition from liquids to solids. This is totally normal and to be expected. Most of us have done it. Once your body gets adjusted to the solids you will most likely start losing again.

Also do not get doscouraged once you are on solids if you feel as though you can eat anything and everything in the same ammount as pre band. Again you have no fill yet.

Best of Luck to you :)

Shell is so right- any weight lost now is a great benefit, I lost about 25 lb and plateued before my first fill, I have lost about 2 lbs a wee consistently since then. The slowing down was normal and to be expected. It is hard though when the scale stops moving- but

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!!! I have lost over 114 lbs and still going strong and I really don't feel like it has been that big a change- but today I ran into a lady I hadn't seen in about 8 months and she almost didn't recognize me. I forget - it is a lot of weight even though it is two pound a week average!

GOOD LUCK!!