Walk, walk, walk and let it fly?

:blink: This has been making me think alot lately about after surgery when everyone says to walk, walk, and etc. Around the halls and out in public and so on. :rolleyes:

Does that mean that noone is embarrassed about letting her rip to get relief? Are they quiet bombers or silent? Sorry about the strange question, but it's just been kinda on my mind. :-?

Peace all,

Judy

:blink: This has been making me think alot lately about after surgery when everyone says to walk, walk, and etc. Around the halls and out in public and so on. :rolleyes:

Does that mean that noone is embarrassed about letting her rip to get relief? Are they quiet bombers or silent? Sorry about the strange question, but it's just been kinda on my mind. :-?

Peace all,

Judy

From my experience, the gas in your abdomen from surgery does not enter your digestive tract. In fact, your digestive tract is rather empty after surgery, so flatulance is not really an issue. I did get relief from frequent belching, however.

I believe the walking instead tends to distribute the air around in your torso, thus relieving the shoulder pain from the post op gas. The air (gas) slowly absorbs into your system in a few days.

Peace all,

Judy

Judy, I found that most of my gas was expelled at night, while in bed. I think it had to do with the fact

I sleep on my side which I was able to do 2 days post-op. As for walking, just let it rip and if anyone notices just say a polite excuse me. My walking ones were quite, so I'm sure you'll be fine and don't be embarrassed. It's a fact of life. best of luck

From my experience, the gas in your abdomen from surgery does not enter your digestive tract. In fact, your digestive tract is rather empty after surgery, so flatulance is not really an issue. I did get relief from frequent belching, however.

I believe the walking instead tends to distribute the air around in your torso, thus relieving the shoulder pain from the post op gas. The air (gas) slowly absorbs into your system in a few days.

Thanks Greg! Duh! I should have known that because I had a hysterectomy five years ago and it was done laparoscopically. Gas pain wasn't fun then either...lol I totally don't mind belching. That feels good. ; )

Judy

excuse me... its called the toot and scoot :huh:

i don't even know what to post here i'm just cracking up - maybe its the pain meds :)

you'll be fine!!!

This is hilarious!

Really there is nothing to worry about. You won't be letting them fly! Besides if you are a modest person, as it appears you are, then you know how to pull your drawstring! LOL

Donna

Greg

Where have you been getting your fills done at???

redrose

When I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago, they gave me a small little pill that was supposed to help the air built up in your system from surgery. I was thinking it was something along the lines of an antacid. Does the surgery center have anything like that?? The pill was supposed to break up the air bubbles so they didn't hurt in your chest. Anyone else hear of that?? I might call our local hospital where our surgery was done and ask them as well. It would be nice to have something to take along.....

Theresa :-)