Another question...drinking water, etc. in TJ

Hi all,

I was thinking about people always saying "don't drink the water" in Mexico and I have been wondering if that is true. Is the water safe to drink? Even bottled water? I saw one member on this forum that had a parasite infection after traveling to TJ for banding. Kind of been on my mind since I read her post. Scary.

Also, how do you get enough water to drink after surgery when you are back at your hotel and then heading for home?

Thanks for any advice or help on this subject.

Peace,

Judy

Hi all,

I was thinking about people always saying "don't drink the water" in Mexico and I have been wondering if that is true. Is the water safe to drink? Even bottled water? I saw one member on this forum that had a parasite infection after traveling to TJ for banding. Kind of been on my mind since I read her post. Scary.

Also, how do you get enough water to drink after surgery when you are back at your hotel and then heading for home?

Peace,

Judy

THe hotel provides two bottled waters a day for your room. If that isn't enough, there is a drug store up across the street that has bottled water, juice, etc. I had no problems. You will get bottled water at the clinic too. But, NO do not drink tap water there! It's a NO NO.

Don't worry about it, you'll be fine, trust me! I just got back last Thursday!

Good Luck ,

Donna

Hi all,

Peace,

Judy

OK I KNOW I'M BAD ABOUT THESE THINGS. I USED THE BOTTLED WATER AT THE HOTEL TO BRUSH MY TEETH BEING IT WAS BOTTLED IN MX. I PURCHASED WATER AT THE AIRPORT BEFORE I MET THE SHUTTLE DRIVER FOR DRINKING. THE BOTTLED WATER AT THE CLINIC IS FROM COSTCO, BOTTLED IN USA. BY THE WAY COSTCO IS RIGHT BEHIND THE CLINIC IF YOU NEED TO TAKE HOME MAYBE A BOTTLE OF THE ALCOHOLIC NATURE :)

OK I KNOW I'M BAD ABOUT THESE THINGS. I USED THE BOTTLED WATER AT THE HOTEL TO BRUSH MY TEETH BEING IT WAS BOTTLED IN MX. I PURCHASED WATER AT THE AIRPORT BEFORE I MET THE SHUTTLE DRIVER FOR DRINKING. THE BOTTLED WATER AT THE CLINIC IS FROM COSTCO, BOTTLED IN USA. BY THE WAY COSTCO IS RIGHT BEHIND THE CLINIC IF YOU NEED TO TAKE HOME MAYBE A BOTTLE OF THE ALCOHOLIC NATURE :)

I'm sure the hotel water is fine to drink. I drank it and survived, but I did also use it to brush my teeth! LOL I wasn't putting any MX water in my mouth. I felt OK with the bottled water in the hotel. It was bottled by the Coca Cola bottling company (just like Dasani) so I figured it was pretty safe. :-?

Donna

I'm sure the hotel water is fine to drink. I drank it and survived, but I did also use it to brush my teeth! LOL I wasn't putting any MX water in my mouth. I felt OK with the bottled water in the hotel. It was bottled by the Coca Cola bottling company (just like Dasani) so I figured it was pretty safe. :-?

Donna

One more thing about water!

After your surgery, you may be like me, I was scouring the room service menu at the hotel, for something I could have. I ordered the Tortilla Soup. (it was awesome) If you order it, you might want to ask for broth only though, because all that WONDERFUL stuff they put in it was PURE TORTURE for me to not eat it!

OK, so about water. I orderd lemonade from the menu, in a few minutes they called back and asked my hubby if the lemonade was to have water, or mineral water. Well naturally thinking "mineral" water was most likely bottled water, he said mineral. That lemonade looked SO lovely when it arrived, but after ONE SIP, I gave it to my hubby! It was carbonated!

When they say "mineral water" they are actually referring to Club Soda. :blink:

Donna

Wow! Thanks so much for all the info. It's a great help to hear about others experiences and to know how to deal with things after surgery. I definitely will not drink the tap water and for sure stay away from "mineral water"...lol Too bad I would have to just have tortilla soup broth, but it sounds yummy. Back in the 70's when I went to germany with my family, we had a layover in London and were so thirsty. We ordered a ginger ale and it was super spicy. Live and learn I guess...lol

You all are great! Thanks!

Judy

Wow! Thanks so much for all the info. It's a great help to hear about others experiences and to know how to deal with things after surgery. I definitely will not drink the tap water and for sure stay away from "mineral water"...lol Too bad I would have to just have tortilla soup broth, but it sounds yummy. Back in the 70's when I went to germany with my family, we had a layover in London and were so thirsty. We ordered a ginger ale and it was super spicy. Live and learn I guess...lol

You all are great! Thanks!

Judy

The tortilla soup broth is DELICIOUS, and if you don't know what is NORMALLY in it, you'll be really pleased with just broth! LOL But if you order it as normal, it looks beautiful. It has tortilla strips in it, with chopped (big chunks) of avocado, sour cream, and some more stuff. Just have to decide if you can avoid the good stuff! I just took all the yummy stuff out of it, and covered it with my napkin. (another good reason to get room service) LOL You'll get more "soup" if you order the broth only, and I'm sure it will taste exactly the same. Although, I was plenty full after eating my bowl of soup, after taking out the goodies!

That's funny about the water in London, sounds like it had real GINGER in it! #-o When my hubby went to Germany, he ordered water every meal, and they always asked, "plain or gassed?" Gassed is carbonated! LOL

Have fun!

Donna