shopping

Hi I was just wondering if any of you went shopping in Tjiuan(sp)? before of after you had your surgery. I'm trying to figure out how safe it is. The person traveling with me is scared to death that I'm going to Mexico for this surgery. So if any of you can please tell me what you did that would be great.

Melissa B)

I went shopping the day after my surgery. Take a cab from the hotel..ask the driver to take you to El Revolucion, it is the main shopping street where all of the tourists shop. It is very safe and just a 5$ cab ride from the Lucerna, and it is easy to get a cab back.

Yep, I went shopping too. But I didn't think the shopping was all that good. Not really the "mexico" shopping that I am used to. It is regular shopping like the US just in Mexico. I expected a lot more of the Flea market style shopping. Oh well, I had a good time anyways.

I think Tijuana is very safe, especially during the day. I think at night I would be a bit more cautious and stay close to the hotel just because it is a different country and new area, but I am one of those overly cautious people when it comes to safety. Better safe than sorry.

I live in San Diego and have been to TJ many times in the past shopping. I've always went during the day and never had any problems. Cab rides are a little scary - not exactly like the typical California cab ride I'm used to. Just be cautious (as you would in any large/foreign country) and you'll be fine! Just don't drink too many margaritas (or the water...ha ha) Good luck! B)