Post op and the flu

oktwigs

I've been doing great since my 4/3/07 surgery with Dr. Oritiz...until the dreaded stomach flu hit me yesterday! Unfortunately I did throw up a little, but thankfully it wasn't violent and it was short-lived. I spent all day yesterday stretched on the couch only sipping water. I tried to have some broth in the evening, but that sent my stomach in waves of cramping and nausea. Ugh...time for anti-nausea pills. Today I seem to be able to hold down jello without any nausea. I'll stay on clear liquids through tomorrow I think and then go back to full liquids. I've just got a little over a week left of my three week post-op liquid diet! Hip Hip Hooray!

Twigs :(

I've been doing great since my 4/3/07 surgery with Dr. Oritiz...until the dreaded stomach flu hit me yesterday! Unfortunately I did throw up a little, but thankfully it wasn't violent and it was short-lived. I spent all day yesterday stretched on the couch only sipping water. I tried to have some broth in the evening, but that sent my stomach in waves of cramping and nausea. Ugh...time for anti-nausea pills. Today I seem to be able to hold down jello without any nausea. I'll stay on clear liquids through tomorrow I think and then go back to full liquids. I've just got a little over a week left of my three week post-op liquid diet! Hip Hip Hooray!

Twigs :(

I feel your pain, I got the flu at around 12 days after my surgery, luckily my PCP prescribed me anti-nausea medication right away and I did not throw up AT ALL...

I hope you feel better soon!

I feel your pain, I got the flu at around 12 days after my surgery, luckily my PCP prescribed me anti-nausea medication right away and I did not throw up AT ALL...

I hope you feel better soon!

Does Dr Ortiz give you something for the nausea to take home in case you get sick I have heard terrible things about vomiting.

Does Dr Ortiz give you something for the nausea to take home in case you get sick I have heard terrible things about vomiting.

He didn't, but recommended you visit your PCP to get something. My vomiting hit me so quickly I didn't even have a chance to take anything to prevent it. Thankfully it wasn't violent or repeated and since I feel fine today I figure I'm probably ok. I picked up some OCT anti nausea and when I see my PCP next time I will ask for a prescription. I haven't had the flu for years and years and so figured it really wasn't something to worry about...little did I know my grandson was packing around the flu bug when we kept him Easter night.

Twigs