Feeling Nauceous

It could be a lot of things. The pain medicine may not agree with your stomach. The gas may make you feel nauseated. And it's possible that you aren't getting enough calories or fluids. Have you been drinking clear liquids with some calories, like Gatorade, apple juice, or similar? Are you sipping throughout the day?

Kathy

I am not taking any pain medication. I am toughing it out. I am trying to sip gatorade all day and some chicken broth. Each day I seem to feel worse with the nausea. You are probably right that I am not drinking enough. I am getting about 20-30 oz. a day.

I am not sure that it is gas. I do feel an occasional bubble but that is a different sensation. I am not nauceous in the morning when I wake up until I start drinking.

I had the nausea also, it is not the gas. I thought is was from the anasthesia leaving my body. It doesget better each day I promise, it does not last forever, I haditfor thefirst week or so. Hang in there , give your body some time to adjust but in the meantime just keep drinking those liquids. Sucking on ice helped me.

I had surgery on December 13, 2004 and still deal with nausea. I had the Roux enY and will deal with the nausea as long as I am losing weight. It is not very nice and only hits me when I eat too much or eat too much sugars. I have to be very careful about sugars. I know gatorade has many sugars. Does sugar bother someone with LapBand I am not familar with that surgery?

Hang in there........