The Avg Final Fill

Rachelle

I know it's different for everyone, but I was curious what are some of the final fill numbers for other LapBanders. Mine was 2.75 cc. Seemed perfect for 3 mos, but then I started having trouble swallowing, and waking up at night choking on my own saliva. The doc said I probably had a partial obstruction and he took me down to 2.0 cc at which point I started gaining weight like crazy (just after I'd excitedly given away all my fat clothes - I made a quick trip to Goodwill to tide me over. Lesson learned? Don't give away ALL your fat clothes!). Now I'm back up to 2.50 cc, and I think my "perfect" final fill may be somewhere between 2.50 and 2.75. Trial and error I guess. What are some of your experiences?

i've only had 2 fills. my second one took me up to a very full 3ccs in my 4cc band. i'm hoping things stay the way they are, because i've had PERFECT restriction since january!

I ALSO GOT A FILL IN JAN. I'M AT 2.40 CC AND IT'S PERFECT

i've only had 2 fills. my second one took me up to a very full 3ccs in my 4cc band. i'm hoping things stay the way they are, because i've had PERFECT restriction since january!

Can you please describe what "PERFECT restriction" feels like? I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Is it like too much food at Thanksgiving? Is it feeling like food is stuck in your gullet and your about to pb. Can you eat maybe 1/2 cup but have to do so slowly? Is the restriction on all but really soft foods or do you have to stick to only certain foods in order to have it? I would so appreciate you response to these questions. Also anyone else who is experiencing this perfect level of fill ... could you describe it to me. Thanks so much.

for me, my restriction is "perfect" because i am not able to overeat, nor am i having to pb at every meal for inability of being able to tolerate food. i am completely satisfied at each meal and i am only able to eat a small amount at each meal. (well, for the most part. for some reasons, i can eat tons of salad and i can eat lots and lots of tortilla chips and salsa. i tend to splurge on those 2 things!) for the first time in my life i can be one of "those" girls that order food at a restaurant and leave half on the plate. i do eat very, very slowly; it takes about double the time of anyone i happen to be eating with, but it's the most exciting feeling...after a certain amount, i am simply FULL. something i had no concept of before because i would eat as though i had not eaten in days. i feel restriction ("full") with anything i eat, soft or not. can you tell how happy this has made me?! :D

for me, my restriction is "perfect" because i am not able to overeat, nor am i having to pb at every meal for inability of being able to tolerate food. i am completely satisfied at each meal and i am only able to eat a small amount at each meal. (well, for the most part. for some reason, i can eat tons of salad and i can eat lots and lots of tortilla chips and salsa. i tend to splurge on those 2 things!) for the first time in my life i can be one of "those" girls that order food at a restaurant and leave half on the plate. i do eat very, very slowly; it takes about double the time of anyone i happen to be eating with, but it's the most exciting feeling...after a certain amount, i am simply FULL. something i had no concept of before because i would eat as though i had not eaten in days. i feel restriction ("full") with anything i eat, soft or not. can you tell how happy this has made me?! :D

for me, my restriction is "perfect" because i am not able to overeat, nor am i having to pb at every meal for inability of being able to tolerate food. i am completely satisfied at each meal and i am only able to eat a small amount at each meal. (well, for the most part. for some reason, i can eat tons of salad and i can eat lots and lots of tortilla chips and salsa. i tend to splurge on those 2 things!) for the first time in my life i can be one of "those" girls that order food at a restaurant and leave half on the plate. i do eat very, very slowly; it takes about double the time of anyone i happen to be eating with, but it's the most exciting feeling...after a certain amount, i am simply FULL. something i had no concept of before because i would eat as though i had not eaten in days. i feel restriction ("full") with anything i eat, soft or not. can you tell how happy this has made me?! :D

Kristi Ann,

I am sooo happy for you!! It has to be a great feeling! I felt that perfect restriction when I had the thicker saline, but it tightened way to much 2 weeks later. I am at 3.5cc and switched back to the reg saline and have no restriction, can you believe it?? Great job and continued happy losing!!

Teri

there were a few days, not just after a fill either, where i thought perhaps my band would need to be unfilled a bit--but i hung in there and drank fluids only. i think with all of us some days we can eat better than others. and to be honest, when i was filled last...i was telling staff "i think this is perfect" as i tried to hold down the thick barium crap they made me gulp. the dr was surprised because he had expected to take some saline out. i then ran to the bathroom to pb as soon as i walked out of the office. lol it felt too tight but i wanted restriction so bad, and sometimes it feels that way for a couple of days after a fill anyway so i didn't want to take any out if that tight feeling was only temporary. my plan was to return if it didn't work out, and luckily i didn't have to.

sorry about having no restriction. must be discouraging...i can just say, don't give up! i know someone with 3.8ccs in her 4cc band and she has had perfect restriction for 6 months so far. it will work out. ><'

there were a few days, not just after a fill either, where i thought perhaps my band would need to be unfilled a bit--but i hung in there and drank fluids only. i think with all of us some days we can eat better than others. and to be honest, when i was filled last...i was telling staff "i think this is perfect" as i tried to hold down the thick barium crap they made me gulp. the dr was surprised because he had expected to take some saline out. i then ran to the bathroom to pb as soon as i walked out of the office. lol it felt too tight but i wanted restriction so bad, and sometimes it feels that way for a couple of days after a fill anyway so i didn't want to take any out if that tight feeling was only temporary. my plan was to return if it didn't work out, and luckily i didn't have to.

sorry about having no restriction. must be discouraging...i can just say, don't give up! i know someone with 3.8ccs in her 4cc band and she has had perfect restriction for 6 months so far. it will work out. ><'

Kristi Ann, thanks so much for you VERY informative answer to my question. This does sound like a "sweet spot" to be in. It really gives me something to aim for knowing it's possible. I've only had one fill ... 1.8cc. I'm going to Paris for 3 weeks on June 19 and think I'll wait until I'm back to get another fill. This is not because I want to be able to eat more while I'm there, but because I know how to handle this level of fill without complications. I'm afraid if I get another fill before I go and somehow it's too much and I have to go back to TJ and then leave the country not knowing where I stand, it could be scarey. At this level weight loss is slow to nonexistant, but it's easier to not gain which is an achievement in itself. It gives me something to look forward to when I get back. I dream of attaining that perfect or even near-perfect fill level that you have. Enjoy! And thanks again for the info. I would still enjoy hearing more about this from you or others who are experienceing what it is we all hope for. Viva la "sweet spot."

Thanks............... Kristi.