Why am I so hungry?

ladysha313

:-?

I'm more hungry then I expected. I can't take another sip of broth. I was banded on 12 April and was doing very well until this morning. I'm eating popsicles, drinking water and juice. Is there something else I can do to feel fuller longer? I'm scheduled to return to work tomorrow but I can't imagine going in this hungry. I can't think straight. I even had a small Danon drinkable yogurt. I want to stick to the liquid diet because I don't want my band to slip but what should I do. Please contact me with any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm more hungry then I expected. I can't take another sip of broth. I was banded on 12 April and was doing very well until this morning. I'm eating popsicles, drinking water and juice. Is there something else I can do to feel fuller longer? I'm scheduled to return to work tomorrow but I can't imagine going in this hungry. I can't think straight. I even had a small Danon drinkable yogurt. I want to stick to the liquid diet because I don't want my band to slip but what should I do. Please contact me with any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help.

I was banded 8 mos ago. I no longer have the hunger-pang problem, but it was a very real and troublesome problem for the first 2 or 3 months post-op, and it continued AFTER I was eating solids. I would call my doctor's office because I was so concerned and uncomfortable with the sever hunger pangs. The nurse would say that it probably meant it was time for my LapBand to be adjusted. She would advise me to try eating an egg, which I did, but it didn't help much. My experience is that nothing really helped except for time. I also figured out that it might have had something to do with the birth control pills I was on at the time. I suspect it was mostly my body freaking out with having something new and foreign strapped around my stomach. The good news is that my severe hunger pangs finally went away for good. It might help to call your doctor to reassure you in case it's causing you too much anxiety. I know when I was going through it, I thought it was going to be that way forever.

I was banded 8 mos ago. I no longer have the hunger-pang problem, but it was a very real and troublesome problem for the first 2 or 3 months post-op, and it continued AFTER I was eating solids. I would call my doctor's office because I was so concerned and uncomfortable with the sever hunger pangs. The nurse would say that it probably meant it was time for my LapBand to be adjusted. She would advise me to try eating an egg, which I did, but it didn't help much. My experience is that nothing really helped except for time. I also figured out that it might have had something to do with the birth control pills I was on at the time. I suspect it was mostly my body freaking out with having something new and foreign strapped around my stomach. The good news is that my severe hunger pangs finally went away for good. It might help to call your doctor to reassure you in case it's causing you too much anxiety. I know when I was going through it, I thought it was going to be that way forever.

Thanks. I took a couple of sips of Slim Fast. It went down easy and I feel a million times better. I'm not suppose to have it for 2 more days but I don't know what I would do without it.

Hi girl,

I was one of the 6 banded with you on the 12th. I feel your pain!! My stomach has been rumbling non-stop since this morning. I had read about this from other bandsters and tried to ignore it. I also started the Nourishe liquid yogurt today, 1/2 cup every 2-3 hours. It has helped some but I'm still hungry. I am soooo ready to go to the protein drinks! Hang in there...

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I need to get a thicker yogurt. I can not wait to eat solid foods :rolleyes: . I would be very happy with baby food right now.

Update:

Well today is a much better day. After starting the Slim Fast I feel sooooo much better. I'm not hungry anymore. Thank God. ><'