Great Soup & applesauce

oktwigs

Hey everyone, I've been moving along with my post op liquid diet and wanted to share a great soup that I found...I'm not a big soup person so this has been like a real treat to me. I don't own stock in Campbell's either -- I promise. :) The Campbell's Select Southwestern Corn soup is outstanding. I ran it through the blender to pulverize those little corn niblets and absolutely am living on it this last week. Tonight I'm going to add a little of the tasteless whey protein to it and see how that goes over. I figured I'd have to add some grated cheese to make it passable, but was pleasantly surprised.

Another fine treat has been homemade applesauce. I was raised on an apple orchard so this has been a staple all my life. I wash and cut the apples (I prefer goldens or fuji's for this) into quarters...cut out the stem end. Cook the apples in a covered pot in water until they are soft. Use an old fashioned food mill to separate the seeds and skin from the mushy pulp. Add as much of the cooking water as you need to make the sauce a thinner version of what you'd normally eat. If you didn't have a food mill you could take the time to peel and core the apples before cooking and then run through the blender. Use splenda and a bit of cinammon to taste. Soooo much better than the store bought junk they sell! Enjoy

Twigs

Hey everyone, I've been moving along with my post op liquid diet and wanted to share a great soup that I found...I'm not a big soup person so this has been like a real treat to me. I don't own stock in Campbell's either -- I promise. :) The Campbell's Select Southwestern Corn soup is outstanding. I ran it through the blender to pulverize those little corn niblets and absolutely am living on it this last week. Tonight I'm going to add a little of the tasteless whey protein to it and see how that goes over. I figured I'd have to add some grated cheese to make it passable, but was pleasantly surprised.

Another fine treat has been homemade applesauce. I was raised on an apple orchard so this has been a staple all my life. I wash and cut the apples (I prefer goldens or fuji's for this) into quarters...cut out the stem end. Cook the apples in a covered pot in water until they are soft. Use an old fashioned food mill to separate the seeds and skin from the mushy pulp. Add as much of the cooking water as you need to make the sauce a thinner version of what you'd normally eat. If you didn't have a food mill you could take the time to peel and core the apples before cooking and then run through the blender. Use splenda and a bit of cinammon to taste. Soooo much better than the store bought junk they sell! Enjoy

Twigs

When I was on the liquid phase, I lived on the Campbell's Select basil tomato soup... It was wonderful.... I will have to try the corn soup for breakfast... Since my fill last month, I generally have to eat mushies or protein shakes for breakfast, solids just do not work for breakfast right now.