Best value Inn

Hi. I was aondering if anyone has stayed at the Best Value Inn in San diego, the hotel that Lori told us about. I have reservations to stay there in May when I go for my fill. I would like to know you've stayed there and if you felt safe and if its in a decent area. I'll be traveling alone so I just want to feel safe and I'm beginning to have seconds thoughts about staying there.

Hi. I was aondering if anyone has stayed at the Best Value Inn in San diego, the hotel that Lori told us about. I have reservations to stay there in May when I go for my fill. I would like to know you've stayed there and if you felt safe and if its in a decent area. I'll be traveling alone so I just want to feel safe and I'm beginning to have seconds thoughts about staying there.

Hi. I live in the area near the Best Value Inn. The place looks ok, not great just ok. The area near is just ok also. You should be safe. I have lived in the area for 9 years and have never had any problems. San Ysidro is a very small town and very low crime area for San Diego. I'm sorry I can't tell you more about it than that.

Stacy

I've made a reservation for May 8th I'll let you know.

Hi wishinginwa. I just cancelled my reservations for this hotel. I hope your trip went ok. I called them because my appt is at 930 on the 10th and my plane gets in at 0850. I wanted to find out if they would have trouble getting me to my appt so soon after my flight gets in. The lady that I talked to was not very nice at all and quickly told me I needed to reschedule my appt at the clinic. I just cancelled and will stay at the lucerna. I know its nice and everyone there is great so I think I'll feel more comfortable. Let me know how your stay went. I hope they weren't as rude in person as they were on the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi WIshinginWA. I was wondering how your trip went and how the Hotel was. I'm leaving in the morning for my first fill but I've decided to stay at the Lucerna. THe lady I talked to at the Best Value Inn was not very nice on the phone. I'm curious to see if the hotel was ok to stay at. Did you feel safe? I have to travel alone every time I go so feeling safe is a BIG deal.

The Best Value is pretty dumpy - if you are spending the money to go all the way back to tijuana i would stay at the lucerna and make my own way over the border - the trolley and taxi are easy and cheap but if you have to stay the night you aren't saving that much by the hotel. it's very low budget, a little dirty but not so horrible i would say don't do it - just know it is extreme budget hotel.

The Best Value is pretty dumpy - if you are spending the money to go all the way back to tijuana i would stay at the lucerna and make my own way over the border - the trolley and taxi are easy and cheap but if you have to stay the night you aren't saving that much by the hotel. it's very low budget, a little dirty but not so horrible i would say don't do it - just know it is extreme budget hotel.

Thanks for the information. I just got back from TJ. I stayed at the Lucerna. I will probably just stay there every time. I know its nice and its safe. I'm so glad I cancelled my reservatins at the best value. I just had a bad feeling about it.

Thanks for the information. I just got back from TJ. I stayed at the Lucerna. I will probably just stay there every time. I know its nice and its safe. I'm so glad I cancelled my reservatins at the best value. I just had a bad feeling about it.

LOL, this makes me giggle as I rmember Dr. Ortiz making a joke about how the cockroaches in TJ are just as clean as the cockroaches in San Diego...LOL sorry i'm no help...