weight loss

julie66t

i was banded in January and have had 2 fills and I'm still struggling with my eating. I can eat too much now. I have 2.5cc in my band. What experiences have others had and what amount of restriction seems to be the best in general. I realize that it can take awhile for it all to kick in and the weight to really start coming off steadily but I'm curious about other bandsters' experiences.

Thanks much, Julie

At 2.5 fill, I assume you do not have the vG Bandwhich does take a bit more time to get to the sweet spot. Until that point, you are still relying on will power and not the band. i was stuck 10-15 below surgery weight until by 3rd fill and since there I have steadily dropped even though i sometimes eat/drink around the band. Now I am down 53 pounds at the 8 month mark.. it could have been more, but I'll take it.

Tom

At 2.5 fill, I assume you do not have the vG Bandwhich does take a bit more time to get to the sweet spot. Until that point, you are still relying on will power and not the band. i was stuck 10-15 below surgery weight until by 3rd fill and since there I have steadily dropped even though i sometimes eat/drink around the band. Now I am down 53 pounds at the 8 month mark.. it could have been more, but I'll take it.

Tom

Thanks, you are right I don't have the VG band. I'm thinking a 3rd fill will probably be just about right.

2 -3 slices pizza ( and even more if I let myself) a whole sandwich

Just a quick idea---how about getting the pizza that has allthe toppings on it wether it be a supreme or all meat pizza - take the toppings off and just eat that - I can eat up to about 3 pieces that way and it equals about 1- 1 and half cups of food and I am skpping the bread-----your sandwiches same thing take the middle out eat only it -----or have 1/2 a grilled cheese and dip it in tomato soup -----just some ideas -- is till love my food - but I have special bowls and plates I eat out of and don't go back for seconds too much and if I do i attack the protien first or scoop another soonful of cottage cheese onto my plate - my kids make fun of me cause I eat the cottage at almost every meal ----it is great n tomato soup - on nachos instead of sour cream - mixed in refried beans - I am a big mexican food lover and have learned what to eat off the menu -----if oyu need some more ideas let me know I will journal what i eat and pass it along to you = the thing is eat don't starve yurself , don't not eat cause you may gain something ----portion and the right choices ae what makes this work

Cyndi

Just a quick idea---how about getting the pizza that has allthe toppings on it wether it be a supreme or all meat pizza - take the toppings off and just eat that - I can eat up to about 3 pieces that way and it equals about 1- 1 and half cups of food and I am skpping the bread-----your sandwiches same thing take the middle out eat only it -----or have 1/2 a grilled cheese and dip it in tomato soup -----just some ideas -- is till love my food - but I have special bowls and plates I eat out of and don't go back for seconds too much and if I do i attack the protien first or scoop another soonful of cottage cheese onto my plate - my kids make fun of me cause I eat the cottage at almost every meal ----it is great n tomato soup - on nachos instead of sour cream - mixed in refried beans - I am a big mexican food lover and have learned what to eat off the menu -----if oyu need some more ideas let me know I will journal what i eat and pass it along to you = the thing is eat don't starve yurself , don't not eat cause you may gain something ----portion and the right choices ae what makes this work

Cyndi

Cyndi,

Awesome job on weight loss! I'm still frozen in time....

Going for fill May 2nd........ getting up there in ccs.

Have a great weekend and congratulations!

Kevin

i was banded in January and have had 2 fills and I'm still struggling with my eating. I can eat too much now. I have 2.5cc in my band. What experiences have others had and what amount of restriction seems to be the best in general. I realize that it can take awhile for it all to kick in and the weight to really start coming off steadily but I'm curious about other bandsters' experiences.

Thanks much, Julie

I'm with ya Julie. Just check out my log on fills. Pheww. Still have yet to hit that sweet spot. Hang in there, I was banded in Nov 06 and am still not there. I believe I will get there though, and I am totally fine with going thru all of the fills/unfills to reach the right one. Since this is suppose to be permanent, if it takes a while to get there, so be it. It's not like going on a diet and having the fear of trying to keep that up for life.

Teri

I'm with ya Julie. Just check out my log on fills. Pheww. Still have yet to hit that sweet spot. Hang in there, I was banded in Nov 06 and am still not there. I believe I will get there though, and I am totally fine with going thru all of the fills/unfills to reach the right one. Since this is suppose to be permanent, if it takes a while to get there, so be it. It's not like going on a diet and having the fear of trying to keep that up for life.

Teri

Thanks................

Cyndi,

Awesome job on weight loss! I'm still frozen in time....

Going for fill May 2nd........ getting up there in ccs.

Have a great weekend and congratulations!

Kevin

I am frozen with my weight loss as well-- the frustration is that I need a fill, have needed it for at least a month, and my work and travel schedule is not allowing me to plan a fill trip to TJ. I am working in Charlotte, NC this week, Greensboro next week, and then perhaps NYC for a month. Arggh!