Waiting for fill, does weight loss just kind of halt?

I was banded in Houston, Tx on 3/10. I have not had my first fill yet. My first initial weight loss a week after surgery was 8 pounds. 4 weeks later, I lost another 8 pounds. I am currently down 21 pounds in about 7weeks time. My surgeon does not want to fill me until 5/17. But I am scared to death of gaining weight because I am having to use my own will power. So, sometimes, I just don't want to eat because I am fearful of weight gain! I know this is awful and I shouldn't but I am not sure what to eat.... I have only lost about a pound since my last appt on 4/17 and I am concerned about that. I am on the soft foods phase. I hear some people say to eat every 2-3 hours, others say just 3 meals. What are some good things to eat and how often?

Yogurt - Cottage Cheese and refried beans were my favorite for about 2 monthes after surgery - the beans ans cottage cheese have okay mount of protien along with the protien drink I had in the morning which was equal to about 28 grams just to start my day out- everyone is diffrent - but i was fearful of gaining weight once i started the food stage - actually eating eating -----i would have chicken or ground beef equal to about 1/3 cup whch was not enough but found I was satisfied if I added the beans and cottage cheese ------just a idea - whatever you do don't be afraid to eat- you will want to binge, make bad food choices, get frustratd and most of all feel awful-------it isn't a bad thing to have a small bowl of something if you are hungry ---if you fell hungry right after you eat wait the 30 minutes and drink a glass of water- I supplement water several times thru the day when I feel the hunger coming on ----water does help ---- just a opnion from me Cyndi in Arizona

Best Wishes

Reality check.. and don't take this the wrong way. But gaining a few pounds back here or there is still lookin short term.... Remember if you wanted the short-term solution, the Gasteric Bypass would have been a better choice. All this weightyou have lost to date is gravy...the band will be the real work horse when it's filled and maybe not even until fill 2 or 3, just relax and know you have the rest of your life to enjoy.

Today I went back to my old work and a former colleague called me hot ( an exaggeration of course especially since she is a lesbian), but it sure made all this worth it... and it will motivate me to lose the next 50 pounds.... but from September through February... it was slow going with the VG band not filled to the sweet spot... but the months and pounds add up and its not until people you haven't seen in awhile that you get the wow comments.. Remember we see ourselves in the mirror everday and do not realize the change.. good luck.. and be patient.

Tom