OCC CLOSED TODAY $$%%

Thanks - It wasn't a total emergency (she just feels she is too tight) but both her and husband took off work and drove several hours/went thru the border ordeal etc. - I told her I would have called the emergency number and demanded one of the docs come down. Someone in the office made the appt so no excuse. Thankfully she didn't pay for airfare and on a time schedule as I always am...

Do you have any more info on this? I can't imagine the clinic being closed on a day they scheduled an appointment unless there was an emergency. My trips take 2 days and cost a few bucks so I KNOW I would have been calling the after hours number. :ph34r:

I just wrote her this morning and asked - that is what she said to me too - at least she drove - if it was me or someone else - the price of the ticket, etc would have been bigger (though she did take off work)..anyway, I'l let you know what she says but previously she said it was some holiday!

Do you have any more info on this? I can't imagine the clinic being closed on a day they scheduled an appointment unless there was an emergency. My trips take 2 days and cost a few bucks so I KNOW I would have been calling the after hours number. :ph34r:

That is correct:

May 1: Primero de Mayo is the Mexican national holiday that is equivalent to the U.S. Labor Day.

But it doesn't make sense that they'd make an appointment for that day.

[To be fair to OCC - I just found out they were open and the guard should've let her in! But she said no guard and locked tighter then a drum! Just a lesson to us all to be mindful of holidays and take the emergency numbers with you!!! For those of us that travel far distances - we must get in LOL. n I think she is going back today and she lives in CA so she is doing ok.

quote name=FurEllie' date='May 3 2007, 01:08 PM' post='11439]

That is correct:

May 1: Primero de Mayo is the Mexican national holiday that is equivalent to the U.S. Labor Day.

But it doesn't make sense that they'd make an appointment for that day.

Ok people... i just have to say something

I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!! and all patients have Rene's cell # - just call us! The clinic was not closed... but just call somebody, we could have helped!! You also have the doctor's cell #'s if you need them.

Just a suggestion - when traveling to Mexico - give a call and take the # in mexico with you to the clinic 684-9505. The only time we close early is on Saturday when there aren't any patients scheduled for fills.

I'm sorry she wasn't able to get upstairs - not sure what happened there, that's the first time I've heard of that happening.

Dont' forget, Dr. O patients have a friend in the Hotel Lucerna - they can always try to get in touch with someone for you!

By the way... I can tell you as someone that works for OCC - they never take holidays!!! U.S. or Mexico - we work... always LOL (can't you see my bleeding finger tips hahahaha j/k