1 week post op and I can almost bend!

:blink: I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but post op I felt like a band was placed around my entire middle body, and the thought of bending made me feel the pain. I am constantly hungry, as was wondering if anyone tried appetite suppresents? What is there to do with that nasty pain shooting up from your esophagus to your left side of your neck? Can anyone suggest a pain med? That wretched feeling of a spasming esophagus is going away, but it isn't going quickly enough. Anybody out there have any answers??? :rolleyes:

<_<<_<<_<

:blink: I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but post op I felt like a band was placed around my entire middle body, and the thought of bending made me feel the pain. I am constantly hungry, as was wondering if anyone tried appetite suppresents? What is there to do with that nasty pain shooting up from your esophagus to your left side of your neck? Can anyone suggest a pain med? That wretched feeling of a spasming esophagus is going away, but it isn't going quickly enough. Anybody out there have any answers??? :rolleyes:

I was banded on April 30, 5 days ago. I have the same pain you are describing. I can hardly sit up to drive anywhere , it is very uncomfortable. The pain up to your neck I believe, is the after effects of the gas they fill your abdomen up with. I don't know how people go right back to work after this ! I have been taking tylenol.

<_<<_<<_<

I was banded on April 30, 5 days ago. I have the same pain you are describing. I can hardly sit up to drive anywhere , it is very uncomfortable. The pain up to your neck I believe, is the after effects of the gas they fill your abdomen up with. I don't know how people go right back to work after this ! I have been taking tylenol.

How have you been healing? I have been getting the hiccups, wihch is good since I think it means that things are shifting back to normal.

How have you been healing? I have been getting the hiccups, wihch is good since I think it means that things are shifting back to normal.

Eight days out and I am starting to feel better. Like you, it is getting easier to bend. I still can't sit straight up very long. The pain in my shoulder is mostly gone. Thank goodness. All the surgery cuts are healed and looking good. I don't feel much hunger, only if I go longer than 3 0r 4 hours before drinking soup. Juices and liquid yogurts dont stay with me, so I've been blending up soup in the blender before I heat it. Any kind works, but if it's a creamy thick kind, I had more water. It seems to satisfy me a lot longer. How much can you drink at a time? I drink a cup of soup at a time then 15 minutes or so I can drink more. I thought may be that was to much, but I emailed Dr. Miranda and Dr. Ortiz and they said it's fine as long as it's liquids. :)

Eight days out and I am starting to feel better. Like you, it is getting easier to bend. I still can't sit straight up very long. The pain in my shoulder is mostly gone. Thank goodness. All the surgery cuts are healed and looking good. I don't feel much hunger, only if I go longer than 3 0r 4 hours before drinking soup. Juices and liquid yogurts dont stay with me, so I've been blending up soup in the blender before I heat it. Any kind works, but if it's a creamy thick kind, I had more water. It seems to satisfy me a lot longer. How much can you drink at a time? I drink a cup of soup at a time then 15 minutes or so I can drink more. I thought may be that was to much, but I emailed Dr. Miranda and Dr. Ortiz and they said it's fine as long as it's liquids. :)

I would say about 8-10 ounces at at time, and then I feel like eating again. I'll tell you, I am really hungry. I know that the band is just a tool to help you diet, but I would like to eat REAL food if I have to diet! I'm 14 days out and only down 5 pounds, without solid food. I was never a "bad" eater, and was able to control my weight most of my life, until a few years ago. Are you having gas? Like, uncontrollably? LOL, I just don't even bother excusing myself anymore, it happens too often. Keep in touch, have you made an appointment for a fill yet? I"ll be making mine sometime this week.

Hang in there.

I would say about 8-10 ounces at at time, and then I feel like eating again. I'll tell you, I am really hungry. I know that the band is just a tool to help you diet, but I would like to eat REAL food if I have to diet! I'm 14 days out and only down 5 pounds, without solid food. I was never a "bad" eater, and was able to control my weight most of my life, until a few years ago. Are you having gas? Like, uncontrollably? LOL, I just don't even bother excusing myself anymore, it happens too often. Keep in touch, have you made an appointment for a fill yet? I"ll be making mine sometime this week.

Hang in there.

Okay, day is two weeks post op and I finally fill almost normal! The pain in my chest quit two days ago and yes, I was gassy. Whoa! But I feel so good now, not much pain of any kind. I am craving some food tho! I've lost 8 pounds since surgery, but that was in the first few days, seems to have slowed to nothing now. I think drinking water is a key, but I can't stand it on an almost empty stomach! I made my appointment for June 11 at 11 am. I may make it earlier in the morning if possible but that day. How are you doing?