Is this still true?

I copied and pasted this from OCC website. Are these things still true now? Would be nice if it is. :) I haven't read many posts from newer banders that have explained this in their experiences.

Day 3: Recovery

The morning after the procedure, it is frequent that the patient has fully recovered, is walking and has taken a shower. Clear liquids are started and a discharge from the hospital to the hotel is usual soon after.

A recovery period of an additional 24 hours at the hotel is recommended. There, our nursing staff will attend to your needs if necessary. We will provide you with written instructions from our Nutritionist and Surgeon along with a basket of approved liquids, oral medication for pain control and an acid blocker. You are encouraged to relax by the pool, walk around the grounds and enjoy your surroundings during your recovery. The hotel restaurant is also accustomed to providing our patients with approved clear liquids as well. You will be able to enjoy clear broths, Jell-O and juices from the restaurants with your companions.

Peace,

Judy

I copied and pasted this from OCC website. Are these things still true now? Would be nice if it is. :) I haven't read many posts from newer banders that have explained this in their experiences.

Day 3: Recovery

The morning after the procedure, it is frequent that the patient has fully recovered, is walking and has taken a shower. Clear liquids are started and a discharge from the hospital to the hotel is usual soon after.

A recovery period of an additional 24 hours at the hotel is recommended. There, our nursing staff will attend to your needs if necessary. We will provide you with written instructions from our Nutritionist and Surgeon along with a basket of approved liquids, oral medication for pain control and an acid blocker. You are encouraged to relax by the pool, walk around the grounds and enjoy your surroundings during your recovery. The hotel restaurant is also accustomed to providing our patients with approved clear liquids as well. You will be able to enjoy clear broths, Jell-O and juices from the restaurants with your companions.

Peace,

Judy

Same here, Judy...I totally second Clynn...Just banded 03/16/07 by Dr. Ortiz

The only thing I see is the Jello. Dr. Miranda was pretty clear about NOT eating Jello for your "clear" liquids period.

The hotel staff is obviously very used to Dr. Ortiz's patients (and it's kinda funny looking around the lobby and knowing who is one - c'mon, let's admit we're all pretty much overweight American women ;) )

Thanks all for your replies. I thought that this info was a bit outdated...lol I have read alot about people having jello and to me, it seems that would be a NO-NO. It can't be chewed well and you can easily swallow a chunk and wham! Ouch! It has to dissolve before being a liquid. The basket of liquids would be really nice though...especially if they were liquid gas relief stuff, pain meds, etc. ;)

I totally can't see myself taking a shower though...lol

Take care all...my day is coming soon. May 21st...woohoo!

Judy

A shower is no big deal. Your incisions are glued shut and so won't be exposed to water. The day after surgery I did feel quite icky and in need of hosing off. My belly was still very yellow from the stuff they painted on it during surgery. Just do whatever you're comfortable with.

You will get pain meds to take back with you to the hotel and there is a Costco right down the street to get anything else you might need such as gas-x, gatorade, or whatever.

Good luck

I took a taxi and went shopping the day after surgery.

No basket of liquids was provided to me. I walked across the street to the c-store across from the hotel (Extra is the name) and bought my gatorade and beverages there.

I took a taxi and went shopping the day after surgery.

No basket of liquids was provided to me. I walked across the street to the c-store across from the hotel (Extra is the name) and bought my gatorade and beverages there.

That's exactly what I want to do as well...go shopping the day after. ;)

Didn't you get some pain meds over the counter there as well Greg? I am going to try to get the liquid Lortab from my doc here, but thought maybe I could get something just as good there, providing I can safely bring it back over the border.

Did you pay in US dollars for your stuff at the store across the street? That would be cheap I would think.

Thanks for your replies. :) Always welcome!

Judy