Recent pain in Abdomen- 3 mos post Op

Hi All...

Looking for advice or thoughts. Have been following the program for 3 mos post op. I have been exercising but avoided ab work as directed. Played golf the other day (not the first time since surgery- have played a number of times before) and came back with a slight pain in the lower abdomen below and just to the right of the belly button. Thoughts it was just an ache and took some aspirin. It's still there 5 days later and seems to be a little worse. It's sharp any time I do something where that muscle contracts- did a treadmill walk the other night and no real issue-( knew it was there but not terrible)

I don't recall but wondered if this was a possible site for one of the incisions or possibly something called an "adhesion" breaking free? Another thought was that as I was over weight all the years, perhaps this has something to do with skin attaching itself in this area (I have no clue). Obviously it could be a hernia has possibly developed due to weakness in the abdomenal muscles. Hoping for someone to say " it's normal, happens all the time and it will pass, there's nothing to worry about" as we are all experiencing new things as we go through the journey.

Even with this minor hiccup- everything is beautiful after the weight starts coming off- it's all good!

Thanks for your comments... Best to all!

Steve K

Hi All...

Looking for advice or thoughts. Have been following the program for 3 mos post op. I have been exercising but avoided ab work as directed. Played golf the other day (not the first time since surgery- have played a number of times before) and came back with a slight pain in the lower abdomen below and just to the right of the belly button. Thoughts it was just an ache and took some aspirin. It's still there 5 days later and seems to be a little worse. It's sharp any time I do something where that muscle contracts- did a treadmill walk the other night and no real issue-( knew it was there but not terrible)

I don't recall but wondered if this was a possible site for one of the incisions or possibly something called an "adhesion" breaking free? Another thought was that as I was over weight all the years, perhaps this has something to do with skin attaching itself in this area (I have no clue). Obviously it could be a hernia has possibly developed due to weakness in the abdomenal muscles. Hoping for someone to say " it's normal, happens all the time and it will pass, there's nothing to worry about" as we are all experiencing new things as we go through the journey.

Even with this minor hiccup- everything is beautiful after the weight starts coming off- it's all good!

Thanks for your comments... Best to all!

Steve K

Steve,

Thought I would jump in and suggest a call to OCC. Especially if it is around your port site area. Sure wouldn't hurt to ask.

Hope all is well and you just pulled a muscle that hasn't been used in awhile per your inference.

A friend who had her Lap-Band surgery 3 years ago recently encountered something similar. In her case, the tubing of the Lap-Band had separated from the Port and it was not a small matter. In your place, I would definitely NOT ignore this.

A friend who had her Lap-Band surgery 3 years ago recently encountered something similar. In her case, the tubing of the Lap-Band had separated from the Port and it was not a small matter. In your place, I would definitely NOT ignore this.

Can you update us once you find out?