Same post-op diet for everyone?

NoWorry

Does everyone get the same post-op diet, or are there huge variances? I notice some posts where patients are having soup within a few days of surgery. According to my information, days 1-7 are clear liquids only.

Does everyone get the same post-op diet, or are there huge variances? I notice some posts where patients are having soup within a few days of surgery. According to my information, days 1-7 are clear liquids only.

Dr. Miranda told me on the day of surgery that I was to drink clear liquids for at least 3 days, but could check my tolerance to other liquids on the 4th day. I did not have any problems with them at all. On the day after surgery I had the tortilla soup at the hotel, which it sounds like alot of the other patients have done the same. Soup seems to fill me up and if you buy some meat base, it has quite a bit of protein in it. I just water it down so it's liquid. I drink a cup of it at a time, and i wondered if it was to much, so I emailed dr. Ortiz and Dr. Miranda and they both said that was fine. Liquids don't hurt the band.

Dr. Miranda told me on the day of surgery that I was to drink clear liquids for at least 3 days, but could check my tolerance to other liquids on the 4th day. I did not have any problems with them at all. On the day after surgery I had the tortilla soup at the hotel, which it sounds like alot of the other patients have done the same. Soup seems to fill me up and if you buy some meat base, it has quite a bit of protein in it. I just water it down so it's liquid. I drink a cup of it at a time, and i wondered if it was to much, so I emailed dr. Ortiz and Dr. Miranda and they both said that was fine. Liquids don't hurt the band.

Wow! For some reason I thought that I read you are to have clear liquids 2-3 weeks after surgery. That really sounded rough...lol Now I know. ;)

Thanks,

Judy

Surgery May 21st! woohoo!

You will be on clear liquids for a few days, then full liquids for three weeks. You will get a packet with detailed instructions on what is ok and when during your consultation the day before surgery.