Have you had your band removed?

Without getting into detail about my experience, I'd like to hear from anyone who's had their band removed. Unlike most of you, my body isn't reacting like I'd planned. It's been a tough road and I have to look at some hard decisions. I'd love any support I can get!

Thank You. ><'

Michele

Without getting into detail about my experience, I'd like to hear from anyone who's had their band removed. Unlike most of you, my body isn't reacting like I'd planned. It's been a tough road and I have to look at some hard decisions. I'd love any support I can get!

Thank You. ><'

Michele

Michele,

I hope that you are ok. Was everything ok with your upper G.I.??? I am having troubles as well and it is a tough road. Not quite the same troubles, but never the less, troubles. I am still believeing that this will work though. Are you thinking in that direction, about removal? I just cannot let myself think that. Everyone is different though. I hope you are well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teri

Michele,

I haven't had it out yet but I"m getting it removed this month. I've been banded since nov. 05 and it hasn't worked for me. It was my last resort in the weight loss battle and I have nothing else left to try. I won't be spending any more money on surgery although my dieting lifestyle will continue for life. But without the worries of the band - since it has done nothing for me losing weight - i lost 16lbs in almost two years - I've gotten about as much help as OCC can offer a U.S. patient - they did a great job on the surgery but for folks like me who can't get it to work -- their services are limited. As Ortiz told another old poster (chelley) here - you can do surgery on 1000 people and you can get 1000 results - there's no telling why some don't succeed. I've eaten between 600-1500 calories a day for almost two years - i try everything for a month or two and then try to shake it up - I'm getting this out because I don't want to wake up in two years and be eroded for nothing - It is a proactive decision based on why have this implant when it doesn't work?

Believe me all you people out there that are losing weight YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT A FAILURE GOES THRU WITH THE BAND. And yes, I've done everything right.

So, I say - get it out - don't wait - what you are experiencing now will only get worse. Good luck

Michele,

I haven't had it out yet but I"m getting it removed this month. I've been banded since nov. 05 and it hasn't worked for me. It was my last resort in the weight loss battle and I have nothing else left to try. I won't be spending any more money on surgery although my dieting lifestyle will continue for life. But without the worries of the band - since it has done nothing for me losing weight - i lost 16lbs in almost two years - I've gotten about as much help as OCC can offer a U.S. patient - they did a great job on the surgery but for folks like me who can't get it to work -- their services are limited. As Ortiz told another old poster (chelley) here - you can do surgery on 1000 people and you can get 1000 results - there's no telling why some don't succeed. I've eaten between 600-1500 calories a day for almost two years - i try everything for a month or two and then try to shake it up - I'm getting this out because I don't want to wake up in two years and be eroded for nothing - It is a proactive decision based on why have this implant when it doesn't work?

Believe me all you people out there that are losing weight YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT A FAILURE GOES THRU WITH THE BAND. And yes, I've done everything right.

So, I say - get it out - don't wait - what you are experiencing now will only get worse. Good luck

Wow! dietingqueen...I am so sorry that you weren't able to make it work. Do you have any idea why? Is there something in your body chemistry that won't let go of the excess weight like thyroid problems or something like that? Did you have a band that was too big or too small? I have read there are different kinds and sizes. Even after having fills and such, it didn't help you at all?

It is rather discouraging that you didn't make the band work for you. I totally believe you did everything right and eating such low calories, but I don't understand why it wouldn't work on anyone. I am having surgery 10 days and I really hope that it will work for me.

Good luck and take care,

Judy

I have no idea either but I don't have health insurance and am so in debt I am not searching out any more answers. I am moving in a few months back east and will have a real job again plus benefits and may try to find out what is wrong with me. I had a thyroid blood test and was told it was smack dab in the middle - 2 - so who the hell knows. I am so unbelievably depressed over this so thanks for the understanding and mostly for not blaming me - that's usually what I get - and let me tell you I am so tight right now I can't eat until 6 - I would get an unfill but since it's coming out - i'm saving the money and pain. I'm sure the tightness is stress as it wasn't this tight when i got the fill. oh well,

i also just wanted to say - you will not be like me - i've only met one other woman like me - does it all right but can't lose a damn pound - so the odds are pretty good in your favor - most people drop like mad at least 50lbs the first year. I'm sure you will be able to do it.

Thank You. ><'

Michele

I am sure sorry to hear you are having problems! Some things to consider and believe me I am sure you have tried everything but maybe my experience can help.

You could start a little journal. Are there foods that seem to get stuck everytime? Are there foods you tolerate well? list these seperately

Try to keep yourself consistantly hydrated. list your fluid intake for a couple weeks include amount type and time.

Is there a time that your food consumption is easier than others? Make a note of best worst and just good.

After two weeks cross reference the best worst good with the info you collected about fluid intake see if there maybe a coorelation.

You may also want to make a note of your frame of mind when making journal entries.

I seem to get myself in trouble when I have a busy day at work and let myself get dehydrated and too hungry because I am too distracted to stop and drink/eat something. It goes downhill from there. I get home, drink too fast eat too fast don't chew enough. Go through hell. Stay up too late etc....

I am aware of this now and try to take steps to prevent it from happening.

I don't know if this will help you but it has helped me and I have had great results.

JC

Thank You. ><'

Michele

Something I just noticed was the amount of saline you have received for your fills. You may need to be "stepped" into restriction at a lower rate than the norm.

Maybe .75cc then 1.0cc then 1.2???? not sure, I am no doctor or epert or anything, just noticed that you seem to have trouble once you are above 1.0cc.

Also wodering if you have developed or noticed an increase in sinus issues since your surgery. My family Dr. put me on some nasal spray for sinus allergies and apparently the effect is having this clear post nasal drip accumulation in stomach pretty gross but could be an issue.

JC

Something I just noticed was the amount of saline you have received for your fills. You may need to be "stepped" into restriction at a lower rate than the norm.

Maybe .75cc then 1.0cc then 1.2???? not sure, I am no doctor or epert or anything, just noticed that you seem to have trouble once you are above 1.0cc.

Also wodering if you have developed or noticed an increase in sinus issues since your surgery. My family Dr. put me on some nasal spray for sinus allergies and apparently the effect is having this clear post nasal drip accumulation in stomach pretty gross but could be an issue.

JC

True. I had 1.5cc for my first fill and it was too much and I had to be unfilled the next week. I'm going to see if he'll start at 1cc this Wed. After being overfilled, I think I'd rather be underfilled - less need to get down there ASAP, lol. Everyone is so different that there's just no way of telling until you have it done and see if it works or not!

I had a good talk with BSN this weekend.

My food journal is started...again.

My water intake is up...again.

My thinking is positive....still!

Thanks for the support and please keep posting. I'd really like to hear from my fellow banders. I'm lonely out here on the east coast. :(

Hanging in there in sunny SC....Michele