New to forum

Let's see where do I start...a friend mentioned the lap band idea to me almost a year ago. She mentioned something about a clinic in MX and I hesitated to take her seriously. Well a year later after a lot of reading and research her and her husband just booked a July 07 surgery for him. As soon as she came back and told me all about their personal consult with staff including Dr. Ortiz I was fully convinced that this would be the perfect time where I can take control of my life along with someone else and not feel scared about getting healthy, alone. I have a consult with Dr. Ortiz and staff tomorrow morning and am very nervous but know it's the right thing I must do.

Mike <_<

Good Luck Mike!

I think it's the right thing to do for alot of people!! It will change your life in so many ways! I hope your consultation goes well. Remember it's a decision only you can make for yourself... You have to do what's best for you. It sounds like you already know the answer!!

Dr. Ortiz and OCC are wonderful. I recommend them highly. It couldn't have been better. NO REGRETS!

Let us know. ><'

Good Luck Mike!

I think it's the right thing to do for alot of people!! It will change your life in so many ways! I hope your consultation goes well. Remember it's a decision only you can make for yourself... You have to do what's best for you. It sounds like you already know the answer!!

Dr. Ortiz and OCC are wonderful. I recommend them highly. It couldn't have been better. NO REGRETS!

Let us know. ><'

Hey there. So my consult went awesome and guess what? My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday July 18th! I'm very excited. I think the nerves are now gone. It's pure excitement from here on out. I have 40lbs to drop before surgery BUT I know I can do it. Thank you for the support. I really appreciate it, a lot!

Mikey

Oh my Gosh!! Congratulaions!! I'm glad it went well. The countdown is on!! 32 days!! You can do this! Just remember what you'll look like by next summer. OR even think about what you'll look like at Christmas time! It will all be SO worth it!

Maybe you will find some other bandsters going on July 18th and become friends.

It's a breeze! I couldn't be happier. Was banded Friday!

Welcome to the family!

Oh my Gosh!! Congratulaions!! I'm glad it went well. The countdown is on!! 32 days!! You can do this! Just remember what you'll look like by next summer. OR even think about what you'll look like at Christmas time! It will all be SO worth it!

Maybe you will find some other bandsters going on July 18th and become friends.

It's a breeze! I couldn't be happier. Was banded Friday!

Welcome to the family!

Thanks so much. A family friend is going to get married in December and I'm going to be in the wedding so I want to look sharp in my tux, LOL. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for your words of encouragement. They are much appreciated.

Mike

Thanks so much. A family friend is going to get married in December and I'm going to be in the wedding so I want to look sharp in my tux, LOL. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for your words of encouragement. They are much appreciated.

Mike

YOU MIGHT WANT TO WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE TO GET THAT FITTING IN ;)

Hi All,

I havent done anything yet except read all the posts. I am so far overweight and i know this is the answer for me. I just have to save up for it. I think this forum is a great place to get my questions answered and maybe make a few new friends. I get kind of nervous just thinking about going to mexico but i want the best Dr.'s and everything i have read tells me they are in mexico. I just discovered that a friend that lives in the same small town i live in has been there, last year, and he is doing great. He has lost alot of weight and is very healthy, now. The best thing is, he said he would go with me when i am ready to go. I have so many medical problems and now after reading some of the posts, i realise i dont have to suffer with them anymore. I am very determined to save as much as i can as quickly as i can and get mine done also. I, like so many of you, have tried every diet known to man, with very little or no results, and i cant wait to be among the success stories.

Thanks to all of you just for being here and being such a great source of support.

PJ :lol:

Hi All,

I havent done anything yet except read all the posts. I am so far overweight and i know this is the answer for me. I just have to save up for it. I think this forum is a great place to get my questions answered and maybe make a few new friends. I get kind of nervous just thinking about going to mexico but i want the best Dr.'s and everything i have read tells me they are in mexico. I just discovered that a friend that lives in the same small town i live in has been there, last year, and he is doing great. He has lost alot of weight and is very healthy, now. The best thing is, he said he would go with me when i am ready to go. I have so many medical problems and now after reading some of the posts, i realise i dont have to suffer with them anymore. I am very determined to save as much as i can as quickly as i can and get mine done also. I, like so many of you, have tried every diet known to man, with very little or no results, and i cant wait to be among the success stories.

Thanks to all of you just for being here and being such a great source of support.

PJ :lol:

Hey PJ. Well I also before joining this forum was just an outsider looking in but now that I've joined the forum and have met with the surgeon and booked my surgery it's great to know that you do have a site where you can come to and not be alone as far as being overweight and needing a little encouragement whether it just to say hello or to get your questions answered. Welcome to the forum. Hope all works out for you, don't ever give up.

Mike

Hey PJ. Well I also before joining this forum was just an outsider looking in but now that I've joined the forum and have met with the surgeon and booked my surgery it's great to know that you do have a site where you can come to and not be alone as far as being overweight and needing a little encouragement whether it just to say hello or to get your questions answered. Welcome to the forum. Hope all works out for you, don't ever give up.

Mike

Thanks alot mike, Its nice to know someone else has felt the same way i do. I wish i could say i have the money and am making plans to go for it , but i'm still in the saving mode. I plan to save every dime i can and get it done as quickly as i can. I do alot of praying to so i know it wont take too long. Anyway, thanks just for listening. I hope your surgery goes well and we will see more posts about your journey to health. Being thin is nice but being healthy is better. Beleive me, i wont ever give up , and i will be praying for you as well. Cant wait to hear how it went.

PJ