Pain after eating

I don't know if this is normal or not but sometimes after eating I have pain where (I imagine) my band is. I noticed it after eating chicken and some thin crust pizza. I chewed really REALLY well, but I am wondering if maybe it was just the wrong thing to eat. And sometimes I just seem to have some pain in the area even when I have not eaten recently. I also read some of you saying that you began solids after 4 weeks, but my directions from Dr. Mirand said only 21 days. I waited 23 days before I ate solids but was that enough? Did I misunderstand? I am a little scared that I did something wrong. I can only eat small portions (less than a cup), I have lost around 25 lbs, and I have not had any problems with PBing or vomiting (knock on wood). Is this something I should be concerned about or has anyone else experienced this?

Apryl

:unsure:

Bread, no matter how much you chew is a problem for a lot of bandsters. Try not doing any breads to see if it gets better. Other than that, what does the pain FEEL like. Is it a golf ball feeling? Is it a stomach cramp? Try and describe the feelings for us.

Also, the doctors gave you their numbers for a reason. Call them if you need them!!!

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

What you are feeling in my opinion , is the food passing through the band. Sometimes no matter how much you chew you will feel this, sometimes worse then other times sometimes less then other times , it also depends on what you are eating, the hard proteins you will definately feel, breads you will feel, but ice cream dips, chips, Junk food, you will not feel as much. If it will put your mind at ease then call Dr. martinez, but if I remember correctly I had the same feeling once I went to solids. You dont have to havea fil lto feel restriction especially if you are newly banded and still have swelling. Try a softer food and see if it makes a difference in how the pain feels like scrambled eggs or cottage cheese..then next time try a harder protein, see if the pain is the same. I personally think it is your band doing its job and the food passing through the band.

Possibility???

Since it happens also when you are NOT eating, I would be more inclined to think it is stomach pangs (hunger growls). Eating about 1/4 of what you normally do to fill up your stomach will leave you with some crampy feelings for the first 2 months. Takes time for your stomach to say "oh I guess I really don't NEED all that food".