What did you wear after surgery? Bras or no?;)

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask two questions at once because they have been on my mind alot lately since I am so close to surgery day. :)

What did you ladies wear after surgery? I am rather modest and have a saggy chest without a bra, but did you wear one or not? I never wear underwire, but was curious about wearing any type since I have read that one of the incisions is kinda under you left breast. Could get a bit sore I would think...lol

ALSO, How much money in cash did everyone bring? I know this topic has been covered a couple months or so ago, but I just wanted some input from more recent banders to see if anything has changed much.

Thanks everyone for your replies! :)

Peace,

Judy

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask two questions at once because they have been on my mind alot lately since I am so close to surgery day. :)

What did you ladies wear after surgery? I am rather modest and have a saggy chest without a bra, but did you wear one or not? I never wear underwire, but was curious about wearing any type since I have read that one of the incisions is kinda under you left breast. Could get a bit sore I would think...lol

ALSO, How much money in cash did everyone bring? I know this topic has been covered a couple months or so ago, but I just wanted some input from more recent banders to see if anything has changed much.

Thanks everyone for your replies! :)

Peace,

Judy

Hi Judy

I wore a bra with an underwire, my incision was lower than where my bra hit. I didn't have any problem. I took $200.00 with me, I came back with about 40.00 I took my cousin with me and bought her a few meals at the hotel. A couple tips for the drivers. I walked to a pharmacy the day after surgery and bought some things there. I don't know if this helps you but it just depends if you are planning on doing any shopping too.

Good luck with your surgery.

Marsha

Banded March 22, 2007

I took about 100.00 cash same reasons as above and also I went out and bought comfy clothes for my recovery time which I splurged and took time off work and then decided to quit my job so I was learning my band during this time comfortably in lounge wear from JC Penny and found some nice bras that support without the wires- till I was ready ----this is just my story of being banded ---I did a total mental destress during my first 3 monthes learning my body and mind and the brand new lifestyle I am going to be living ---by the way I am at 7monthes today weighed in at 210 been as low as 207 it is full blown time of the month so I still think I am doing a fantastic job- actually had a little bit of the first bite syndrome and believe that may have been brought on by my period - so long for now

Cyndi

I bought some cheapie Fruit of the Loom sport bras at Walmart and wore baggy shirts for a couple of weeks after surgery. My underwire hit RIGHT at an incision so I waited to wear one. I was "hangin' low and wide" but I didn't care :)

I can't remember how much $$ I took - I didn't go shopping and probably didn't spend more than $50. I just got back and didn't even think to take the 200 pesos I have with me from my last trip :(