Weakness after surgery?

Hey....i have another question...I am still very conserned about how long its going to take me to recuperate...I am getting banded on a friday and im supposivly gonna go back to school (im a senior in highschool) on the next monday..But someonet told me that since you are drinking pure liquid u have no energy and you feel weak? Was that a problem for others?? Please let me know

Hi I was just banded on August 26th, and yes I found if I tried to do to much I would get tired, I needed to sit down a little but I never felt weak. I do daycare and have 3 kids of my own, and went back to work the Monday after surgery. My sister also got it done the same time I did, and she works at FEDEX, and she also went back to work the Monday after. She to found that she got tired faster, but not weak. Hope this helps.

Melissa :)

You may feel week, but once you are allowed to add protein drinks you will feel much better. I did not start to feel week until the 7th day post op, then on day 10 I added protein drinks and it made a huge difference. Everyone is different.

I was banded on 8/25 and have been very tired. When I added yogurt (fat free, lo sugar) I felt much better. The protein shakes help as well. I think it's just your body telling you that it needs more protein. I'm still a little tired, but I've been super busy this past week, so that could explain it. I'm feeling almost back to "normal."

I think it all depends on WHAT you are drinking during liquids. Have plenty of broth and clear soup as well as protein drinks and it is all good. I got a bit run down for awhile but when i looked at the amount of protein I was taking in, it was obvious, I needed more protein. Then I felt fine.