May 21, Banders How Are You Doing?

:-h Hello

How is everyone doing? I found my experience to be Great!!!! I am doing fine, even the soreness is disappearing very fast. Not Hungry at all.

I was told I had to get the bigger band due to the size of my stomach. So I was curious if any of you had the same and did you think you would need a fill faster because of it?

Thanks

Nicole

:-h Hello

How is everyone doing? I found my experience to be Great!!!! I am doing fine, even the soreness is disappearing very fast. Not Hungry at all.

I was told I had to get the bigger band due to the size of my stomach. So I was curious if any of you had the same and did you think you would need a fill faster because of it?

Thanks

Nicole

:-h Hi Nicole,

Thanks for starting this post! I am doing well. Glad to hear you are too. I am still very sore. Especially around the port incision. I got the VG band also, and from what I have read, it is the best to get, especially if you are larger in the tummy area. I am still very surprised about where the port was placed. It seems so high. I hope that won't be a big problem later for fills.

So, you say you aren't hungry huh? What are you doing differently my band sis? I seem to be feeling starved and maybe because of just being allowed the liquids, my mind is thinking that. I believe by tomorrow or saturday, we can start having the liquid yogurt. I am so looking forward to something more filling. Don't get me wrong. I am definitely knowing when I need to stop drinking or eating the popsicles. I start to burp, but in no way the PB kind. whew! That would suck! I am very much in tune with my band so far and being very careful.

Hey, if you ever want to email me to stay in touch, please feel free to email me at happycats2@comcast.net.

Take care,

Judy

Hello banding friends, good to hear from you. I am doing fine. I started the liquid yogurt on Thursday. At least that's what Dr. Martini's told me. I was feeling so hungry and had such an empty feeling. Almost making me sick because I was so hungry. The yogurt has really helped. I had 3 on Thursday. Felt good all day. I went back to work a little on Thursday afternoon.

How did you know, that you had a bigger band put on. I was so out of it before and after the surgery. Maybe he told my husband. I'll will have to ask him tonight.

We had such a hard time getting home. Our flight was suppose to leave at 6pm on Wed. It was delay because of a bad thunder storm in Minneapolis. We didn't get home until 6 AM on Thursday. Bummer....but made it ok.

I am planning on flying down to TJ for my first fill. Anyone else interested. Would like to share the taxi ride down. Don't know if I want to stay a day or fly back the same day. Am open to either.

Beth

Hello banding friends, good to hear from you. I am doing fine. I started the liquid yogurt on Thursday. At least that's what Dr. Martini's told me. I was feeling so hungry and had such an empty feeling. Almost making me sick because I was so hungry. The yogurt has really helped. I had 3 on Thursday. Felt good all day. I went back to work a little on Thursday afternoon.

How did you know, that you had a bigger band put on. I was so out of it before and after the surgery. Maybe he told my husband. I'll will have to ask him tonight.

We had such a hard time getting home. Our flight was suppose to leave at 6pm on Wed. It was delay because of a bad thunder storm in Minneapolis. We didn't get home until 6 AM on Thursday. Bummer....but made it ok.

I am planning on flying down to TJ for my first fill. Anyone else interested. Would like to share the taxi ride down. Don't know if I want to stay a day or fly back the same day. Am open to either.

Beth

:-h Hi Beth,

Great to hear from you and seeing you finally joined the forum. :) Also, that you are doing well. So sorry though about your flight home problems. Elizabeth wrote me and said they didn't get home until 3am Thursday morning because they missed their connecting flight in Dallas because the flight attendant told them the wrong gate.

You can find out about your size band if you look on the back of the paper card you were given with the plastic card. It has the size band, and other numbers on it. Kinda like a sticker with all the info about the band in you.

I would love to go back to TJ for my first fill, but don't know when and how finances will be. But I will keep in touch. You still have my email addy right? I was starving yesterday and I wasn't sure about the liquid yogurt, so I just drank more other stuff like juice and a popsicle. bleah!

Today I am drinking a yogurt smoothie. I hope that's ok. If I see or taste any chunks of fruit in my mouth, then I will spit them out. Don't want any problems ever.

Well take care now.

Peace,

Judy

(I moved this over to here because I posted this the wrong place...sorry)

Hello,

How is everyone doing? I'm sorry I've been out of pocket for awhile. Judy....I guess when I said I was not hungry..I didn't relize that those growling and rumbling feelings may be hunger, although I can't really say I want to eat. I haven't really lost anything, either. I have been perfect with the diet, I just started the creamy broths and yogurts..oh and slim-fast. This is my concern.... I really don't have any restriction feelings. The only thing I feel is a cramp under my left shoulder blade. It has taken me about 4 days to figure out that when I drink my meal about 15 min after it I get a cramping feeling under my shoulder blade. How crazy is that. I read your post about the ...too many trips to the RR....I started to drink undiluted juice so I could go... but that to seems to be a mystery to me..... any suggestions from anyone would be great. Oh and I got a knot where my IV was and it just keep getting bigger so I went to the doctor today and he said I have Flabitus, so I am now on meds. But other than all that I'm great. I hope that all of you guys are hangin in there. We are all going to look so hot about this time next year.

Nicole

;)

Beth

Hey when do you plan on going?

I was told that my band is a 10.0cm so I am not familiar with the VG band. The nurse told me that it is a small band so I should be feeling some restriction. I ate a bowl of soup for lunch and I did not feel any restriction. I thought that you would not feel much restriction until you were able to eat thicker liquids and soft solids because your band lets clear liquids pass through it. Is this true?

Hey when do you plan on going?

Hey Nicole.

Good to hear from you. Hope your doing well. I'm doing good. Following the diet....So far --so good.....

Elizabeth and I just got our plan tickets today. We fly into San Diego on July 10th around 11 am. We are getting our fills that afternoon. Staying at the Lucerna and flyin out on the 11th around 2 pm. If you join us that would be great. We can share the ride and room. My email address is

claussen@mchsi.com or my phone # is 641 847 3350

let me know if your interested.

Beth :-h

I was told that my band is a 10.0cm so I am not familiar with the VG band. The nurse told me that it is a small band so I should be feeling some restriction. I ate a bowl of soup for lunch and I did not feel any restriction. I thought that you would not feel much restriction until you were able to eat thicker liquids and soft solids because your band lets clear liquids pass through it. Is this true?

It is my understanding that the VG - 10 c is the larger one.? I followed the advice of Judy and looked at my card.