What was the first solid thing you ate?

Hey all,

I thought I would start a post to find out from all you pro-banders, what the first solid food was that you tried to eat when the time came for you to start that phase.

Thanks for all replies.

Peace,

Judy

FOR WEEKS, ALL I DREAMED ABOUT WAS AN APPLEBEE'S ORIENTAL CHICKEN SALAD AND I ENDED UP HAVING SOMETHING STUPID LIKE A POTATO, LOADED :huh:

FOR WEEKS, ALL I DREAMED ABOUT WAS AN APPLEBEE'S ORIENTAL CHICKEN SALAD AND I ENDED UP HAVING SOMETHING STUPID LIKE A POTATO, LOADED :huh:

LOL...you did better than me! I started with mashed potatoes, and gravy, and ended up eating two small slices of pizza to top it off. Funny thing was, I chewed it so many times, my jaw was too tired to chew anything else the rest of the day. So, I still lost weight! :D

I would avoid CHICKEN or steak, at all cost! I've talked to so many people who have had trouble with chicken, and have had a few stuck experiences myself. Other than that, I think it really doesn't matter. If you have stayed on your liquid diet the entire time, you should be OK. Just WHATEVER you eat, chew it, and chew it, and when you think you have chewed it enough, chew it some more! LOL

Donna

LOL...you did better than me! I started with mashed potatoes, and gravy, and ended up eating two small slices of pizza to top it off. Funny thing was, I chewed it so many times, my jaw was too tired to chew anything else the rest of the day. So, I still lost weight! :D

I would avoid CHICKEN or steak, at all cost! I've talked to so many people who have had trouble with chicken, and have had a few stuck experiences myself. Other than that, I think it really doesn't matter. If you have stayed on your liquid diet the entire time, you should be OK. Just WHATEVER you eat, chew it, and chew it, and when you think you have chewed it enough, chew it some more! LOL

Donna

IT IS AMAZING HOW DIFFERENT EVERYONE IS, I EAT CHICKEN ALMOST EVERYDAY. IT'S THOSE WRAPS THAT GET ME. I CAN HAVE RICE, PASTA, A SMALL ROLL WITH DINNER, ALL THE THINGS PEOPLE TRY AND AVOID. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY PEOPLE CALLED THE BAND FICKLE, I DO NOW :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

YAY FOOD! Here I am trying to stay on my protein and optima shakes............. but FORGET ABOUT IT............ hee hee.......... I am so very ready to try some real food! My 21 days is up on Monday! Yes, thats tomorrow! Woo hoo! What ever shall I eat? So now I will be given a green light to try some food, and I am still nervous myself about the chicken/rice/starchy/breads deal. The only thing I truly hope my band will not give me issues with is brown rice and tofu.......... well, and chicken............ if I could eat salad rolls (thai food that I love to make) then that would be a plus. I read a ladies horror story on here regarding the shell of a shrimp that got caught and she had hell to pay for 6 hours or so.........that TOO makes me paranoid about shrimp in my rolls...........So seriously, HELP with additional first food ideas.............

Can we have green salads? Or were we to wait on that? uhgggg. time to research again...............

;)

ttys fellow bandsters...........

Cheryl

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

YAY FOOD! Here I am trying to stay on my protein and optima shakes............. but FORGET ABOUT IT............ hee hee.......... I am so very ready to try some real food! My 21 days is up on Monday! Yes, thats tomorrow! Woo hoo! What ever shall I eat? So now I will be given a green light to try some food, and I am still nervous myself about the chicken/rice/starchy/breads deal. The only thing I truly hope my band will not give me issues with is brown rice and tofu.......... well, and chicken............ if I could eat salad rolls (thai food that I love to make) then that would be a plus. I read a ladies horror story on here regarding the shell of a shrimp that got caught and she had hell to pay for 6 hours or so.........that TOO makes me paranoid about shrimp in my rolls...........So seriously, HELP with additional first food ideas.............

Can we have green salads? Or were we to wait on that? uhgggg. time to research again...............

;)

ttys fellow bandsters...........

Cheryl

JUST SMALL BITES AND CHEW CHEW CHEW TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE FOR RESTRICTION :) EATING ANY MORE ISN'T LIKE A RUNNING RACE, SLOW AND EASY........

CONGRATULATIONS, IT SEEMS LIKE THE TIME JUST DRAGS TILL YOU CAN EAT BUT LOOKY, IT'S HERE ALREADY :)

I would think you'd be OK with a salad. I have never had any trouble with salads. However, if you are anything like me, you probably want to try something REALLY solid, just to see if you have ANY restriction. The thing I found to be the ABSOLUTE hardest, was eating without a DRINK. I couldn't do it. Now that I've got my first fill, I'm OK with it, but it's REALLY hard to quit "cold turkey!"

Maybe for your first meal try some solid veggies,(something like Chinese broccolli chicken w/garlic sauce, or some stir-fry veggies) and if that goes down OK, you might ease into the chicken. Usually that type of chicken (chinese) has a lot of sauce, so that could help it go down better. If you feel like you will be OK with chicken, try it. Everyone is different.

It's so hard to help someone with their first meal, everyone's tastes are so unique. Chances are, no matter WHAT anyones suggests, you will likely chose something entirely different when the time comes! Enjoy it, don't stress over it, and CHEW like a MADWOMAN! LOL

Donna ;)