9days after banding

Just joined this discusion group. I think I need to start getting some outside support. I have friends who have had the the R-n&Y, but the banding. My experience is quiet different. My port is oozing. I had an allergic reaction to the staples, getting better, but still itchy. I feel great. I am moving fine. I am getting hunger pains. I was told to drink more water. It does help some. I am not going to look at this as any thing more than learning. I made a difficult choice. My insurance did not pay a dime. this was mine. I did not go to Mexico. I paid alot for this. I will take all the discomfort and pain. I paid for it. I WILL make this work. Food put me in this situation. I will not allow it ever to control me again. This band is a tool. It is not magic. I have lived 53 years. I have enjoyed many marvelous meals and have every pound to show it and then some. Now I want to live and breath this incredible life to the fullest. If that means with a protein shake rather that a 10oz steak then so be it. At least I will be able to climb that up that mountain side with my grandchildren like I did with my children and show them the incredible wonders of God and His workmanship. Now, I ask YOU, is any amount a food worth that?

Lets all get together and do this thing!

Postop weight293

7days after surgery281

Feeling: Priceless

Just joined this discusion group. I think I need to start getting some outside support. I have friends who have had the the R-n&Y, but the banding. My experience is quiet different. My port is oozing. I had an allergic reaction to the staples, getting better, but still itchy. I feel great. I am moving fine. I am getting hunger pains. I was told to drink more water. It does help some. I am not going to look at this as any thing more than learning. I made a difficult choice. My insurance did not pay a dime. this was mine. I did not go to Mexico. I paid alot for this. I will take all the discomfort and pain. I paid for it. I WILL make this work. Food put me in this situation. I will not allow it ever to control me again. This band is a tool. It is not magic. I have lived 53 years. I have enjoyed many marvelous meals and have every pound to show it and then some. Now I want to live and breath this incredible life to the fullest. If that means with a protein shake rather that a 10oz steak then so be it. At least I will be able to climb that up that mountain side with my grandchildren like I did with my children and show them the incredible wonders of God and His workmanship. Now, I ask YOU, is any amount a food worth that?

Lets all get together and do this thing!

Postop weight293

7days after surgery281

Feeling: Priceless

WELCOME!!! THIS IS A FORUM, POSTING BOARD SPONSORED BY A MX LAPBAND DR, DR ORTIZ. WE ALL HERE KNOW ABOUT SELF PAY ;)

I WILL SAY THAT DR ORTIZ USED SURGICAL TAPE INSTEAD OF STITCHES OR STAPLES AND THE ONLY SCAR I HAVE IS NOW THE PORT, AND IT'S NOT REALLY VISIBLE. I'M VERY, VERY PLEASED WITH HOW THAT ALL TURNED OUT

WELCOME!!! THIS IS A FORUM, POSTING BOARD SPONSORED BY A MX LAPBAND DR, DR ORTIZ. WE ALL HERE KNOW ABOUT SELF PAY ;)

I WILL SAY THAT DR ORTIZ USED SURGICAL TAPE INSTEAD OF STITCHES OR STAPLES AND THE ONLY SCAR I HAVE IS NOW THE PORT, AND IT'S NOT REALLY VISIBLE. I'M VERY, VERY PLEASED WITH HOW THAT ALL TURNED OUT

Thanks Pammie, I hope that the little holes from the staples fade. The actual incision is barely there. I have a lot of drainage from the port, I was told that was normal. I hope that stop soon also. My family wanted to go out to eat for dinner on a whim, while we were out shopping, there was nothing on the menu they chose but a baked potatoe. I watered it down and made a sloshy soup out of it. My daughter was disgusted. They just don't get it. It realy is still to soon for that kind of food also. I only got down about a fourth of it. I feel like a have a log in my stomach. I am waiting for that feeling to pass before I have anything else. I am drinking water though. Families are difficult to manage at times. At least mine.

Thanks again