Lap Band Surgery and Camping 2 days later?

Someone out there please help me. We've had reservations for Yellowstone National park for 8 months. My sister has arranged to have this surgery for June 19th saying it was the only date they had open until July, and she wasn't waiting that long. Our reservations are for June 21st.

She said her Dr. said she could go camping, that she would only be "a little sore". Excuse me, but up until now, she had me set up to take care of her for 3 weeks. Which is it???

Is she going to be fine, or is she going to need me to stick around? Can someone please spell out what happens the first week after the lap band surgery?

I think she's in lala land.

Someone out there please help me. We've had reservations for Yellowstone National park for 8 months. My sister has arranged to have this surgery for June 19th saying it was the only date they had open until July, and she wasn't waiting that long. Our reservations are for June 21st.

She said her Dr. said she could go camping, that she would only be "a little sore". Excuse me, but up until now, she had me set up to take care of her for 3 weeks. Which is it???

Is she going to be fine, or is she going to need me to stick around? Can someone please spell out what happens the first week after the lap band surgery?

I think she's in lala land.

GO CAMPING LOL

I WAS OUT SHOPPING THE DAY AFTER SURGERY AND SO DO OTHERS WHEN IN MX. I WAS UP AND ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER SURGERY. SORE YES. BUT NO PAIN. WELL UNLESS I WAS LAUGHIN :)

WISH HER WELL IN LALA BAND LAND :) SHE'LL LOVE HER NEW LOOK

I was banded May 22, and went for a three mile walk the following morning. Though I was pretty tired afterward, it was no big deal. My stomach felt sore as if I had done a bunch of sit-ups, but nothing like you would expect.In fact, all of the other people the following morning were commenting on how little pain they were feeling. Now having said that, let me say that it is possible your sister might experience more pain than other people. Walking will be good for her, but she will probably not want to walk up steep inclines or go for really long walks. Also,my surgeon has us on a liquid diet for at least three weeks following surgery. The food thing might be a hassle in Yosemite, I don't know for sure. She will also have to avoid immersion in pools, hot tubs, and hot springs till the incisions have fully healed, to avoid infection. And last but not least. She should avoid lifting heavy objects or wrestling with any wildlife. If all goes like it should, she should be mobile, and just a little sore in the gut. Definetely do-able. :lol:

GO CAMPING LOL

I WAS OUT SHOPPING THE DAY AFTER SURGERY AND SO DO OTHERS WHEN IN MX. I WAS UP AND ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER SURGERY. SORE YES. BUT NO PAIN. WELL UNLESS I WAS LAUGHIN :)

WISH HER WELL IN LALA BAND LAND :) SHE'LL LOVE HER NEW LOOK

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear that. I just figured out how to work these controls!!! Maybe I'll be next. Vernie