Pancakes, cheese, and chicken?

I was just thinking about my first solid foods and especially my fave foods which I know should be in limited amounts if at all eaten. I love pancakes, cheese, and chicken. I have read alot of different posts on chicken, but I thought maybe if I have it really moist like marinated or something, it would go down ok. And pancakes too if they were kinda moist with SF syrup or something like that. I really have always loved cheese. How does everyone do with that food? Does it go down ok and digest ok? I won't indulge in too much of cheese or pancakes, but just daydreaming of eating them again. LOL

Thanks for any replies and/or suggestions.

Peace,

Judy

I was just thinking about my first solid foods and especially my fave foods which I know should be in limited amounts if at all eaten. I love pancakes, cheese, and chicken. I have read alot of different posts on chicken, but I thought maybe if I have it really moist like marinated or something, it would go down ok. And pancakes too if they were kinda moist with SF syrup or something like that. I really have always loved cheese. How does everyone do with that food? Does it go down ok and digest ok? I won't indulge in too much of cheese or pancakes, but just daydreaming of eating them again. LOL

Peace,

Judy

My fill is at 2.70 and cheese goes down great. Chicken is okay as long as it's very moist and I chew to goo. Pancakes I cannot eat. You might be able to eat pancakes if you make them soggy enough with syrup. Breads have become too uncomfortable for me to eat. I have no desire to even try them anymore. It took a lot of failed attempts at eating bread for me to finally decide it's not worth it. After I eat any form of bread, my mouth get's full of saliva until I have to stand over a toilet just to let the saliva spill out of my mouth. It's as if my body is preparing to vomit, but it never does. Then I burp and hiccup a few time and it's over. Pretty disgusting. It definitely can put a kink in social eating. Not a good idea. Rachelle

Peace,

Judy

Chicken, cheese and thinner pancakes are no problem for me.... Once in a great while, if I am not careful and do not chew well, I can have an issue with chicken... but normally I can eat anything.... Just in smaller portions than before the band...

My fill is at 2.70 and cheese goes down great. Chicken is okay as long as it's very moist and I chew to goo. Pancakes I cannot eat. You might be able to eat pancakes if you make them soggy enough with syrup. Breads have become too uncomfortable for me to eat. I have no desire to even try them anymore. It took a lot of failed attempts at eating bread for me to finally decide it's not worth it. After I eat any form of bread, my mouth get's full of saliva until I have to stand over a toilet just to let the saliva spill out of my mouth. It's as if my body is preparing to vomit, but it never does. Then I burp and hiccup a few time and it's over. Pretty disgusting. It definitely can put a kink in social eating. Not a good idea. Rachelle

Rachelle,

That is definitley ME too! I do the same thing, stand over the toilet spitting like some kind of rabbid dog! I have never thrown up, or PB'ed though. Then after maybe 10 minutes or so (seems like forever) I finally start burping, like a MAN that has just guzzled down a 6 pack. Then I feel better. Strange huh?

No, I can't tolerate pancakes. A few bites, and I get that golf ball feeling in my chest, and off to the toilet I go, to spit awhile!

Donna

Chicken, cheese and thinner pancakes are no problem for me.... Once in a great while, if I am not careful and do not chew well, I can have an issue with chicken... but normally I can eat anything.... Just in smaller portions than before the band...

JUST THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE :)

GREAT JOB LYNN!!!

I finally start burping, like a MAN that has just guzzled down a 6 pack. Then I feel better. Strange huh?

Donna,

Thanks for your feedback about burping and spitting, especially as glamorous as you look. I consider myself somewhat glamorous, and, since the LapBand, I burp like a man, too (and spit and hiccup)! It was HUGELY embarrassing at first, but I've come to terms with it. Now I can even laugh about it. I finally got peace about it when I decided that I would trade the embarrassment of blubber for the embarrassment of burping any 'ole day! Rachelle

Donna,

Thanks for your feedback about burping and spitting, especially as glamorous as you look. I consider myself somewhat glamorous, and, since the LapBand, I burp like a man, too (and spit and hiccup)! It was HUGELY embarrassing at first, but I've come to terms with it. Now I can even laugh about it. I finally got peace about it when I decided that I would trade the embarrassment of blubber for the embarrassment of burping any 'ole day! Rachelle

Awww that's so sweet! "Glamorous" I don't believe I have ever been called that! LOL My hubby kinda looks at me funny when I have to let one of those scary burps out. I just tell him, "If you were hurting like this, you'd be HAPPY to burp too!" He generally backs off pretty quickly. I guess I look pretty scary to him, and with the man burps and all, he may even think I'm gonna kick his butt! :ph34r: LOL

Nah, it doesn't bother me anymore either. I'd MUCH rather be a skinny burper, than a fatty! LOL

Donna