weight loss

I had the surgery two weeks ago and lost 13 pounds the first week and now this week I actually gained two pounds and I seem to be way more hungry. Is this normal? Has anyone elso experienced this? Will I start to lose again? I am so discouraged! Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer,

It is important to remember the first 6 weeks is for healing. Any weight loss during the healing stage is a bonus. Of course you will lose weight due to being only on liquids but do not get discouraged if it slows down as the weeks pass by. I gained 2 pounds when I went from clear liquids to full liquids and then lost it to only gain another 2 pounds from the full liquid stage to the mushy stage and again when I went to the solid food stage. It has been 4 months since my surgery and I am down 40 pounds losing at a rate of 1-2 pounds a week with minimal effort. You will continue to lose but try and follow all the rules the best you can and do not get down and discouraged. If you follow the bandster rules you can not go wrong, you will only succeed!

Good Luck to you

Michelle

265/225.5/160ish

• 4 weeks later...