FOUR pounds of salad?

Dr. Miranda instructs four pounds of salad! Is anyone eating four pounds of salad? I asked her if she meant 4 CUPS. She said no, 4 POUNDS! I buy spring greens at Costco in the one pound box and it's HUGE.

Dr. Miranda instructs four pounds of salad! Is anyone eating four pounds of salad? I asked her if she meant 4 CUPS. She said no, 4 POUNDS! I buy spring greens at Costco in the one pound box and it's HUGE.

4 POUNDS???? HOLY COW! Is that per day, or per week, or per month??? LOL I eat a LOT of salad, but I don't think I could eat 4 lbs a DAY. :o

Donna

:lol:

No... its UP TO 4 pounds of greens per day prior to surgery. For snacking, salads, to help with hunger... you don't HAVE to eat it. I'm just cracking up - I can't imagine someone force feeding themselves 4 pounds of salad a day!!!

I love you guys - you keep me smiling :)

Phhhhhewwww! Glad we got that cleared up! I was trying to think about how I was going to be able to eat anything else BESIDES salad! LOL :-?

Donna

That recommendation is for the PRE-OP DIET!!!

HELP!! :(( I am having a horrible time sticking to the pre-op diet! I need to lose 10lbs by the 18th and so far I've only dropped 2. I have been eating as much salad as I can stomach but that doesn't help with the carb cravings. Any suggestions? I will try just about anything i really want to lose this so my surgery won't be postponed. Does taking the fiber capsules really help? Although it's not really hunger that is my problem it's the cravings for breads and other carbs. Any help from anyone will be most appreciated.

Love and strength to all of you

CA

:lol:

No... its UP TO 4 pounds of greens per day prior to surgery. For snacking, salads, to help with hunger... you don't HAVE to eat it. I'm just cracking up - I can't imagine someone force feeding themselves 4 pounds of salad a day!!!

I love you guys - you keep me smiling :)

Okay Lori, you got me. I am a very *literal person. When I'm told FOUR pounds, I'm going to make myself a FOUR pound Tupperware bowl of salad and work on it. I told dh I'm going to bring Dr. Miranda FOUR pounds of salad in a trough! I hope she has a sense of humor! LOL

I have since learned however that cucumbers and tomatoes weigh considerably more than butter lettuce!! =D>

during the pre-op tomatoes aren't good - too much sugar - it is green salad - greens only!! I think it would be hilarious to bring Dr. Miranda a big trough of salad... but not sure you can get that across the border LOL oh well... you can just go to the Costco there in TJ! :)

Yes, the fiber capsules do help with the hunger.... but if its head hunger you are dealing with you need to find a diversion... just come to the forum!!!