Tried some solid foods and all is well so far!

dreamhappy07

Hey all,

I did try solid foods a couple days ago starting with a mashed baked potato w/cheese...ummm, yuck. Took about 4 or 5 bites and tossed it. I didn't season it, so it was thick and bland. Went down fine though. Didn't eat anything else that night, but had my protein shake. ;) Since then, I have had some very moist deli roasted chicken and mac and cheese. No problem. I really needed to get my veggies in, but since I am starting out with the solids, I will work up to those. ;) Not sure what I should try first...I love broccoli and carrots, etc. I got some bananas and I am hoping I can mush those down and eat them. I even ate one of my flax seed/fruit/granola bites that I had on my pre-op diet. My mom and brother freaked because they thought those were going to be too dry, but I chewed to mush(thank God for good saliva glands...lol), and it went down with no problem. YAY!

So, this has been my experience so far. I am happy but still scared of certain foods. I really want to eat some toast, but afraid to because of many posts I have read about breads getting stuck. Maybe my success so far is because of my VG band. Bigger empty band so stoma more open? Not sure.

Well, good luck to all with your weight loss and eating journey. :)

Peace,

Judy

Hey all,

I did try solid foods a couple days ago starting with a mashed baked potato w/cheese...ummm, yuck. Took about 4 or 5 bites and tossed it. I didn't season it, so it was thick and bland. Went down fine though. Didn't eat anything else that night, but had my protein shake. ;) Since then, I have had some very moist deli roasted chicken and mac and cheese. No problem. I really needed to get my veggies in, but since I am starting out with the solids, I will work up to those. ;) Not sure what I should try first...I love broccoli and carrots, etc. I got some bananas and I am hoping I can mush those down and eat them. I even ate one of my flax seed/fruit/granola bites that I had on my pre-op diet. My mom and brother freaked because they thought those were going to be too dry, but I chewed to mush(thank God for good saliva glands...lol), and it went down with no problem. YAY!

So, this has been my experience so far. I am happy but still scared of certain foods. I really want to eat some toast, but afraid to because of many posts I have read about breads getting stuck. Maybe my success so far is because of my VG band. Bigger empty band so stoma more open? Not sure.

Well, good luck to all with your weight loss and eating journey. :)

Peace,

Judy

THAT'S GREAT NEWS JUDY, REMEMBER TO TRY AND MAKE GOOD CHOICES IS THE KEY :) PROTEIN, VEGGIES, FRUITS ETC