O.K it was very hard to post thisonly because it's embaresing. I have been having bad breath every since I started solids. I did some research only to find the way I am eating is very similar to Atkins because I always try to eat protien first which usually fills me up before I can get to any carbs. Anyway..... research shows that people who don't consume too many carbs go into something called ketosis ( forgive me if its spelled wrong). That is what causes :unsure: the bad breath.Please be advised I just visited the denist who gave me an a++ visit so its coming from my gut I know it and its gross any suggestions?

Thanx that sur was helpful. Maybe instead of bacon and eggs for breakfast I will start doing shredded wheat of something with some carb content. :-?

I beleive having a variety of foods helps to prevent that!!

O.K it was very hard to post thisonly because it's embaresing. I have been having bad breath every since I started solids. I did some research only to find the way I am eating is very similar to Atkins because I always try to eat protien first which usually fills me up before I can get to any carbs. Anyway..... research shows that people who don't consume too many carbs go into something called ketosis ( forgive me if its spelled wrong). That is what causes :unsure: the bad breath.Please be advised I just visited the denist who gave me an a++ visit so its coming from my gut I know it and its gross any suggestions?

I used to work for a dentist who did a study on halitosis...the fancy word for bad breath. He found that the most effective treatment is tongue scraping, which removes all the food particles from the deep crevices on your tongue. The food particles, if left in the deep crevices, form sulfur gasses...and you know how bad sulfur smells! Brushing your tongue can actually do more harm, because it can push the food particles deeper. Using a tongue scraper is the best way to remove the particles, thus eliminating the halitosis. You can get a tongue scraper from most drug stores. If you can't find one, I'm sure you can do a google search and locate someplace that sells them. In a pinch, you can even use a spoon. You just turn it upside down on your tongue and scrape from back to front several times. You will be amazed at what comes off your tongue!

By the way, using mouthwash containing alcohol can actually make things worse. The alcohol turns into sugars which can form sulfur gasses.

I swear by my tongue scraper. I can actually eat raw onions, then scrape my tongue and not have anything register on the "breath-o-meter" (Yes there is such a machine!) LOL