Yikes an Airplane Ride

HI!

Maybe someone can help. I'm going down next week.....YAAAAHOOOO! A dream come true! I'm 350lbs, and worried to death about fitting in the airplane seat. My Mother is coming with me, I paid her way because I was afraid they'd make me pay for 2 seats anyway-I had heard that we can put the arm rest down and just squish together..........but I haven't really heard of/from anyone my size. Is there anyone that can share their "plane ride" experience with me? Thanks !

Chonies

My mom was a very large woman (she was well over 350, 5'8"). And when I was younger it worked out great because yes, we did just put the arm rest up. I don't think they can REQUIRE you to buy another seat but I don't know. I do know that MANY times they were very persistant when my mom was traveling alone to upgrade to first class or business class where the seats are much bigger. In truth, she was much happier to do that too. At first it bothered her, but then she realized that she truly was more comfortable and it was worth every penny to not be stressed.

:rolleyes:

I'm 5'2" and about 285. I have not had to get 2 seats but did have to have an extension for the seat belt. The last time I flew was with my sister and we didn't sit together. We were on an express plane (1 seat on 1 side and 2 on the other) and I requested a single seat.

Thank you Shell. You put a smile on my face! :) And boy do I need to smile! It's hard not eating, (pre-op fast/diet) and so many emotions running through me, excited, scared, worried, it seems a bit surreal. This is something that I have wanted, prayed and saved for, for a long time. If all goes well, my next airplane trip (other than the flight home) will be on a lovely vacation in Hawaii!!!