I've stalled out!

My surgery was Sept. 14th and including the preop diet, I've lost 31 pounds. But my scale hasn't even TRIED to move for about 6 days now! I'm only taking in about 600 calories a day, which seems to keep me satisfied, but am getting so discouraged. I've heard so much about 100 pounds here and 95 pounds there, and I can't get off of 31. Ice cream and chocolate cookies are starting to sound really good with no scale drop to encourage me. Is there something else I should be doing? I realize that I'm impatient and it's unrealistic of me to want to wake up thin tomorrow, but nothing for almost a week??

HI Montana

I think is normal to be stuck for a few weeks; however, eventually is going come down. I started in 280 pounds June 10, 2005 and I am currently in 230 pounds. I been in this last weight for the last 3 weeks; surely, I am not seeing a drop like I used to weeks ago.

Have you been on any type of excersize; for example, walking, jugging, etc....This will help alot............ <_< I recommend but I have a problem doing it on my own.

Good luck

Randy O. Latalladi

I keep reading about the same thing here over and over again so I wanted to put my two cents worth in for all of you new bandsters

that it is perfectly normal to not lose weight during the first 6 weeks. You have NO fill...the band is desigend to work it's best with fills! It is also normal to not lose during the liquid phase since you are not taking in hardly any calories. You know that old addage that our bodies will conserve whatever we put into it if it thinks we are starving it and that is what is most likely happening during the liquid phase. It is also normal to see a gain when you go from liquids or mushies to solids so do not panic...Do not fret or get discouraged. Most of us here were where you are at one time or another. Once you are healed and getting your fills things will change I promise. One thing I have learend during my 18 months with my band is there are going to be times when I do not lose on the scale but I'm losing inches. I'm also gaining my life back so when the scale doesnt move, think of all of the possitive things in your life that have changed since you got your band. For some of us it has been getting off blood pressure meds, for others it is getting off insulin, for others it has been more energy,for others it is no more sleep apnea and for others it is No back or joint pain. My list is endless of all of the possitvie things that have happened since my band You get my drift, I'm sure. Do not let the scale dictate your success or failure with the band. The band is a lifelong tool, this is a lifelong journey it is going to take some time but the key is patience. The key is to also follow the rules to a degree. Do not go and get a fill that is so tight you can not take in solids and think it is smart cause you will lose wieght that way.You have all made the first step to a happier healthier life. I can not stress enough the importance of patience. The band is not a miracle or magic wand, the pounds are not going to fall off. If you have the right mindset, one day at a time, the good with the bad, you will succeed. Patience Patience Patience!!!

How many of you got the Inamed Handbook after your surgery? This is very helpful to all of us not just the newbies but to us who have been banded for awhile. Here is the link you can go to and print it from your computer

I finally hit the 100 lb mark this week, it took me 18 months..the last 6 months I did not see the scale move at all until Monday

You Funny, Funny Girl-

Take a deep breath and relax.

Do you realize you have averaged over ONE POUND A DAY? That is HUGE! (or soon not to be huge, depending on how you want to look at it)

I was actually concerned I was losing too quickly, and I had lost 18 pounds in the first three weeks. If you lose too quickly your face will droop along with the rest of your body parts.

Slow and easy- you know it is going to come off soon!

Anu

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Montana, I had my surgery same day as you and I am only down 22. I wouldn't worry about stalling for a few days. Wait til you get your fill. I have been stalled for 2 weeks now... but I am not worried... Iam still eating less than before, and that does mean that eventually I will lose.