Port moving around

Last week I went in for my 3rd fill. The doctor had some trouble getting the port because it kept "slipping behind my ribs." She didn't seem too concerned about it and I didn't even think too much about it until last night but is this something anyone has experienced? Is it something that could turn into more of a problem as I continue to loose weight and my body shifts around?

So far the new fill level is going very well and things are working as they should again, so I'm not particularly worried at this point in time just curious.

Wow, slipping behind your ribs? That is unusual. Maybe it's because you've lost so much weight already. I've only lost 30 pounds, so my port is a good distance from my ribs. I'm sure if your doc wasn't alarmed by it, then it's probably no big deal. It does raise a good question though. Where is everyone's port located? Mine is about 4 inches up from my belly button, and about 4 inches to the left. :huh:

Donna

Yup, mine started around there. Now that I think about it some more I wonder if she meant my ribs were getting in the way of her seeing it clearly on the flouroscopy rather than it actually going under my ribs.