Fill #2 TOMORROW!!!

I go tomorrow for my 2nd fill. Wish me luck everyone. I'm hoping that this one will find my "sweet spot!" Ready to get down to business!

Donna

Doing good thanks! I got .08cc's. But man, I really feel TIGHT! I could feel WATER going down this morning. Hope I'm not too tight! That brings me up to 1.28 cc's. He told me to be sure and do liquids for the next 3 days, and slowly move on to puree's. We'll see how it goes! :unsure:

Thanks for asking!

Donna

• 3 weeks later...

Pammie,

I ended up going to Dr. Vitello in Chicago. He is GREAT, love him to death. I get to see everything he does, fluoro, barium going down everything! He is very much determined to get it JUST right. I'm glad I found him!

Angelav,

Yes, 1.28cc's is the total amount in my band at this time. I've had 2 fills so far.

I have a 4cc band! :)

Donna

I got .08cc's.

Are you sure? Dr. Acosta at OCC told me that he can only do adjustments in multiples of .2 ccs which is the minimum the syringe will allow. At one point I asked him to adjust 0.1 cc and he coudn't do it. You're talking about a fraction of that. Doesn't sound right.

Are you sure? Dr. Acosta at OCC told me that he can only do adjustments in multiples of .2 ccs which is the minimum the syringe will allow. At one point I asked him to adjust 0.1 cc and he coudn't do it. You're talking about a fraction of that. Doesn't sound right.

Hmmmm, I'm not saying you are wrong, but that sounds very strange to me. Maybe a different syringe? I know when my cousin had her fills some of them were 1.07, or .06. She uses a US doctor too. Or perhaps he is guesstimating?? (my doctor that is) He said "I'm going to take out just a tiny drop more." So maybe he was just guessing at how much he actually took out? I don't know. I do know that his fills work like a charm, and I haven't been overtightened, or undertightened yet.

I read about your trip. Wow, that's a bummer! I can imagine how it would have been to have gotten poked that many times in the same spot! OUCH! My first poke was a little more painful than I expected. I can't imagine 4!! Dr. Vitello did say the same thing they told you. He said "Fills are not an exact science, it's more like an art!"

How's your restriction now?

Donna

How's your restriction now?

Sounds like you found an excellent 'artist.' Good for you. :)

My restriction is moderate. But I'm still losing weight (although very slowly) and most of the loss has come from just drinking protein drinks for almost a week, not the lap-band restriction. The first opportunity I get, I'm going to get another adjustment. I'm not sure I'll go back to TJ, though. If it's all guesswork (or artistry) anyway, I might be better off somewhere closer.

I met a friend yesterday who had his surgery locally 2 weeks before mine. He's already lost 55 lbs, but he had a lot more to lose than I did. Still, it's a higher percentage of total loss and I'm envious.

Sounds like you found an excellent 'artist.' Good for you. :)

My restriction is moderate. But I'm still losing weight (although very slowly) and most of the loss has come from just drinking protein drinks for almost a week, not the lap-band restriction. The first opportunity I get, I'm going to get another adjustment. I'm not sure I'll go back to TJ, though. If it's all guesswork (or artistry) anyway, I might be better off somewhere closer.

I met a friend yesterday who had his surgery locally 2 weeks before mine. He's already lost 55 lbs, but he had a lot more to lose than I did. Still, it's a higher percentage of total loss and I'm envious.

I know....frustrating isn't it??? This fill was a good fill, and I do still have some restriction, but I'm just losing SO SLOWLY. Maybe 1 or 1 1/2 lbs. a week. I know that's how we are SUPPOSED to lose weight, but it's just excruciatingly slow! I'm definitely NOT at my sweet spot. After my cousins surgery, she went for maybe 6 months where it seemed her weightloss just creeped along, then BAM! After she finally got to the sweetspot, she took off! Or I guess I should say the WEIGHT took off! She went from 220 down to 133, and looks great. She never thought she would lose that much because she hadn't weighed that since highschool, but she did! Her goal was 150, but I guess she'll just have to live with 133. :o Must be nice!

We'll get there eventually!

Donna