August Surgery

Hi Everybody,

My surgery date is set for August 24 with Dr. Ortiz... and I am sooo excited that my Mom is coming with me. =D>

I live in the Cayman Islands and am flying to the States (Myrtle Beach, SC) on August 20 and then Mom and I are flying to San Diego on August 23rd.

My starting weight when I booked the surgery was 304 and I am down to 284 with my pre-op diet, so far. Let me tell you it is hard work on a very very small island with one teeny tiny grocery store on the island. With only about 180 people living here... not a lot of selection. But, the store has been very good about ordering Slim-Fast and Lean Cusines by the case for me.

Has anyone created a "take with"... "wish I had brought" list for the surgery?

I have been jotting notes down from all the various posts on all subjects.

Any prep info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dottie

I live in the Cayman Islands

small island with one teeny tiny grocery store on the island. With only about 180 people living here... not a lot of selection.

OK NOW I'M JEALOUS, YOU'RE LIVING IN PARADISE AND YOU'RE COMPLAINING? LOL TELL YOU WHAT, I'LL SWITCH WITH YOU FOR SEVERAL WEEKS :huh: COME, TAKE SEATTLE ON IN A FEW MONTHS LOL

WELCOME DOTTIE AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSE!!! YOU'RE REALLY DOING WELL =D>

Thanks Pammie,

I really appreicate the support. I have two months to go before my surgery... and I am on needles and pins! I have never been in the hospital for anything. I am so so so pleased that my Mom is going with me! I may be 47 years old... but, I'm not to old to admit that I still need my Mommie!

It is great to live in Paradise... but, there can be drawbacks sometimes.... no men being the biggest! :(( Any limited shopping. :-? But you have to love the internet! ><'

If you would like to check out my piece of the pie... go to www.littlecayman.com

Thanks again for the kind words! Each and everyone of them counts!

Dottie

I have never been in the hospital for anything.

I may be 47 years old

HAVING THE BAND "INSTALLED" WAS MY FIRST TIME IN A HOSPITAL TYPE SETTING ALSO

I'M ALSO 47, A VERY YOUNG 47 LOL

I'M TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING I WANT DONE BEFORE I TURN 50. ONCE THAT BAND WAS IN, I'VE GOT A WHOLE NEW OUTLOOK ON LIFE :rolleyes:

KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOUR DOING AND NO MORE WHINING ABOUT THAT BEAUTIFUL ISLAND YOU LIVE ON :)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Everybody,

My surgery date is set for August 24 with Dr. Ortiz... and I am sooo excited that my Mom is coming with me. =D>

I live in the Cayman Islands and am flying to the States (Myrtle Beach, SC) on August 20 and then Mom and I are flying to San Diego on August 23rd.

My starting weight when I booked the surgery was 304 and I am down to 284 with my pre-op diet, so far. Let me tell you it is hard work on a very very small island with one teeny tiny grocery store on the island. With only about 180 people living here... not a lot of selection. But, the store has been very good about ordering Slim-Fast and Lean Cusines by the case for me.

Has anyone created a "take with"... "wish I had brought" list for the surgery?

I have been jotting notes down from all the various posts on all subjects.

Any prep info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dottie

hi dottie! my surgery date is August 17th, and im so excited! im excited for you too! its gonna be great! the pre op

diet sure is different but i tell myself that my days of enjoying food are over now, and my days of enjoying everything else are right around the corner! i have every confidence that we will be just fine -- im not worried about the surgery at all!

just looking forward to my new life! congrats on your surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!