port area soreness

Hi, was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long the port area would be sore. I'm a little over 1 week post op and every time i reach for the car door or roll over in bed it feels like I'm pulling something inside and I can feel a hard lump under the insicion, which has already healed (very nicely) is that the port I'm feeling?? It sure is bothersome I hope it dosent stay like that forever, I mean how far in di they put that thing anyways??? :-?

Hi, was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long the port area would be sore. I'm a little over 1 week post op and every time i reach for the car door or roll over in bed it feels like I'm pulling something inside and I can feel a hard lump under the insicion, which has already healed (very nicely) is that the port I'm feeling?? It sure is bothersome I hope it dosent stay like that forever, I mean how far in di they put that thing anyways??? :-?

Jen,

Sounds like normal soreness. I experienced what you are now and it will diminish with time. Yes that is the port in all probability. It will heal and you will not be so aware of it after awhile. They place it in the abdominal muscle so it is anchored. Good thing to...

Jen,

It helped that my doc told me that my port area was a wound, and would take time to heal as a wound would. My port pain went away after about 3 mos, but I had port tenderness for about 8 mos. Now I have no port pain or tenderness at all.

Rachelle

Jen,

It helped that my doc told me that my port area was a wound, and would take time to heal as a wound would. My port pain went away after about 3 mos, but I had port tenderness for about 8 mos. Now I have no port pain or tenderness at all.

Rachelle

I'M WITH YOU RACHELLE, MY PORT WAS SORE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS, THEN JUST TENDER FOR ABOUT 8 MONTH.

I thought there was something wrong at first. It is a burning sensation and I too feel something pulling when I reach. Mine had nearly went away at 6wks post op. Then just yesterday, I'm not sure what I did, but OMG it hurts as bad as it did right after surgery. It is good to hear from all of you that it does subside eventually. It sure is a big pain in the meantime though. Thanks for bringing it to light!

My port area healed fine however when I ride the 4 wheeler or the golf carts we use at work to go to other buildings, I feel my port moving around!! Also have to be careful about pushing things with my stomach. Never noticed how much went against my stomach. At wal-mart my stomach used to help push the cart, just holding something against your stomach is no longer possible. We all learn that we have an implant in our belly and how to deal with. Just be careful!!