Wanting banded...but need help!!!

Bri

Hi my name is Bri and i am 17 years old and 305lbs. I have been overweight all my life (have tried weight watchers nutrisystem and other diets but am not really seeing results) and am so sick of not being a "normal teenager". I have been researching this surgery for awhile and have recently expressed my opinion about getting it to my mom and grandma. They arnt in any hurry to look at my research or attempt to find solutions with drs and such. They are also concerned about the cost of the surgery and if it would benefit me. If i were to get the surgery in TJ Mexico...how much would it cost? What would I have to do? How much weight could i lose? ( my grandma isnt convinced about the weight loss bc some of the other teens didnt look like they lost alot to her???) and is it really safe to travel the long distance (i live in illinois) to get the surgery???

PLEASE HELP I WANT BANDED SOOOOOO BADLY!!!

-Bri-

Hi my name is Bri and i am 17 years old and 305lbs. I have been overweight all my life (have tried weight watchers nutrisystem and other diets but am not really seeing results) and am so sick of not being a "normal teenager". I have been researching this surgery for awhile and have recently expressed my opinion about getting it to my mom and grandma. They arnt in any hurry to look at my research or attempt to find solutions with drs and such. They are also concerned about the cost of the surgery and if it would benefit me. If i were to get the surgery in TJ Mexico...how much would it cost? What would I have to do? How much weight could i lose? ( my grandma isnt convinced about the weight loss bc some of the other teens didnt look like they lost alot to her???) and is it really safe to travel the long distance (i live in illinois) to get the surgery???

PLEASE HELP I WANT BANDED SOOOOOO BADLY!!!

-Bri-

Bri, I hop you can have the surgery. I am not as big as you are but I do remember how I felt as a teenager and as an adult being over weight. I am being banded July 23 by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. I have done lots of research on him and several others in Mexico and India. My insurance will not cover it and doctors here say I'm not fat enough even with all the health problems I have now. I understand that Dr. Ortiz has wrote a book " Banded for Life" I think. I would recomend you read it and show it to your Mom. You can problaly ask the public libary to get it for you. Write back and let us know how you are.

Renee

Bri, I hop you can have the surgery. I am not as big as you are but I do remember how I felt as a teenager and as an adult being over weight. I am being banded July 23 by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. I have done lots of research on him and several others in Mexico and India. My insurance will not cover it and doctors here say I'm not fat enough even with all the health problems I have now. I understand that Dr. Ortiz has wrote a book " Banded for Life" I think. I would recomend you read it and show it to your Mom. You can problaly ask the public libary to get it for you. Write back and let us know how you are.

Renee

wE WILL ALL BE PRAYING THAT YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION

[font="Tahoma"]Hey,

My Name's Claire. I'm 17 as well. I was banded almost 4 days ago. Insurance wouldn't pay for it so it ended up costing around 17,000$ but -hopefully- it'll be worth it! I went to a doctor near New Orleans, LA. He specialized in adolescent lap-band surgery...I think? His name is Dr. Michael Thomas. If you need more information go to www.whyweight.com. I hope that helps some! Good luck! [/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"]Hey,

My Name's Claire. I'm 17 as well. I was banded almost 4 days ago. Insurance wouldn't pay for it so it ended up costing around 17,000$ but -hopefully- it'll be worth it! I went to a doctor near New Orleans, LA. He specialized in adolescent lap-band surgery...I think? His name is Dr. Michael Thomas. If you need more information go to www.whyweight.com. I hope that helps some! Good luck! [/font]

Im a 19 year-old male and im getting banded on the 27th of July. Im getting it in Mexico for $7,500 by Dr. Kuri.